• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Gold Cup; Final: USA v Mexico

Just like that Jamacia scores on a nice header in minute 69. First goal the USA has allowed in the competition

Zardes horrible turnover started it all

Very poor defending to end it

2-1 USA

I'm liking the youth movement, I think Pulisic, McKennie, and Boyd/Adams are going to be really fun to watch. I also thought Cannon played pretty well and Arriola had some moments. Often we slow down so much and players just stand around. Ream is slow as molasses and with Bradley tracking back our defense is so slow

Watching the difference between Arriola and Morris is striking. Imagine if we had another Arriola on the right to play through?

Miazga was horrible on the goal we gave up.

Long had a good game. He's always on the verge of getting beat but didn't. I cringe thinking about him playing against better opposition, but he's our best option in the center. Leave him there when Brooks is back.

Letting Pulisic play, essentially, as a true 10, is fun to watch.

Oh, and give me Cannon over Yedlin.

Last edited:
Watching the difference between Arriola and Morris is striking. Imagine if we had another Arriola on the right to play through?

Miazga was horrible on the goal we gave up.

Long had a good game. He's always on the verge of getting beat but didn't. I cringe thinking about him playing against better opposition, but he's our best option in the center. Leave him there when Brooks is back.

Letting Pulisic play, essentially, as a true 10, is fun to watch.

Oh, and give me Cannon over Yedlin.

Yup

I'm liking the youth movement, I think Pulisic, McKennie, and Boyd/Adams are going to be really fun to watch. I also thought Cannon played pretty well and Arriola had some moments. Often we slow down so much and players just stand around. Ream is slow as molasses and with Bradley tracking back our defense is so slow

Finally the youth movement that should have begun after the 2014 WC as we all know and discussed numerous times. With that being said some bright spots but still a long way to go. WC qualifying will be here soon so hopefully we make the progress needed to qualify.

GC Final Pregame starts in 15 minutes. Will be interesting to see how we fare against a pretty much El Tri B team. They have struggled a bit the past few games. Ochoa had been one of the few A guys and saved their but a time or two

My daughter and I went to the Final in 2011 in Pasadena. Mexican fans were really nice before and in the game. We sat in an Do Tri section and they were really cool to us. Great rivalry

Good first half. Jozy has to score on his wide open chance early on. A little too many passes in the defensive third with Mexican pressure.

USA with four clear chances they have missed

If they lose this game it will come back to haunt them

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back