• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Gold Cup; Final: USA v Mexico

What a blah game that was. US could have had a couple of more goals, but Curacao looked pretty good, and was the better team in the second half. There are times where it looks like they'll play it out of the back, but then someone in the midfield will try a lobbing pass up to a forward, and I'm thinking just pick a strategy. Either commit to playing forward, or do the old-school chuck and run, but don't try to do both.

Mexico through to the final with an OT win vs Haiti

Maybe they should have brought their A team

USA scores in minute 8

Jamaica thus far looks in over their head

I can not remember the US having such an easy path in the Gold Cup before

1-0 USA

Not sure what the plan is, I live in Nashville, 50% chance of rain and with it being so humid it's likely to be thunderstorms

That 90 minute delay did not help the USA who has not looked good as we near half

Altidore in an altercation with a Jamican player that could have got them both sent off. Yellow Cards for both

Jamaica adjusted and has shut the US down for the most part

Last edited:

Never lived up to any of the hype at the national team level. In that sense the second coming of Wondo.
The guy just doesn't move off the ball well. At all. He fails to get involved, requires a ball to him to have any influence. Doesn't get himself into passing lanes defensively. Just a zero for 95% of the time he's on the field.

The guy just doesn't move off the ball well. At all. He fails to get involved, requires a ball to him to have any influence. Doesn't get himself into passing lanes defensively. Just a zero for 95% of the time he's on the field.

He does not have the skill or speed to play at the international level which is why I used the Wondo comparision. Some guys just are unable to make that jump. The fact we still keep bringing him in is more a testament to the a lack of talent at forward. However, we might be better served just giving a 17 or 18 year old a run out much like Bruce did with Donovan Beaz back in 2002

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back