• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Current List of Walk-Ons

Thanks! Guzman would be the 17th commit, right? OWH and LJS consider him commit 16. LJS doesn’t have Gabe Heins listed as a commit. Can’t find an actual updated list on the OWH.

Guys like Guzman are really interesting to me. Long, athletic kid with good speed and quickness. He's definitely not a corner from watching his film, but a safety is possible, and LB also possible. Let Duval and Ellis add 20 lbs this year and get him to 210 and we'll see at Safety. If he puts on 30-40 then he may be a LB.

the job the coaches are doing in recruiting the walk-ons is underrated by a lot of people

Just a weird side note in case anyone is wondering about the discrepancies.. Both the Omaha World Herald and Lincoln Journal Star only list 19 walk-on commits. The OWH excludes Sam Shurtleff and the LJS doesn't count Gabe Heins. No clue why. The OWH not listing Shurtleff is odd because Nebraska announced him as part of the walk-on class on signing day. Anyway, by my count we have 20 known commits (updated list on the first post).

Last edited:

I'm curious what percentage of walk-ons are still with the program after a year and by the end of their fours years. If you are signing on average 40 guys per year between walk-ons and scholarship guys those are some big numbers.

I'm curious what percentage of walk-ons are still with the program after a year and by the end of their fours years. If you are signing on average 40 guys per year between walk-ons and scholarship guys those are some big numbers.
I am pretty sure they transfer or leave the team at a higher rate. Not worried about either. They are taking their shot. While they are here they help the team. To their benefit they get top rated training for a year or two. So if they transfer to an FCS or Div II or III school they have a leg up.

So far none have left from last year's class of 23. That could change after spring ball though. Only four have left from the class before that (Cole Frahm, Cody Liske, Jose Marquez, and Dylan Reynolds).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back