• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 B1G Grid

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
2019GRID.png

Notice *Note for above B1G grid ... "12/7 Saturday -- Huskers vs. B1G East at Indianapolis"... God said so !
:Banana: :thumbsup: :Rockon: :Koolaid2:

Amazing how weak the non-con schedules are for the majority of B1G teams. Iowa does that nearly every year. I get they have to schedule Iowa State, but they've only recently become decent. Ohio State, Indiana, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Illinois are pretty weak, no P5 teams?? That should never be a thing IMO. I can get the lower teams not scheduling a P5, but OSU and Wisconsin? That's weak sauce.

Amazing how weak the non-con schedules are for the majority of B1G teams. Iowa does that nearly every year. I get they have to schedule Iowa State, but they've only recently become decent. Ohio State, Indiana, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Illinois are pretty weak, no P5 teams?? That should never be a thing IMO. I can get the lower teams not scheduling a P5, but OSU and Wisconsin? That's weak sauce.

It’s the SEC road to the championship formula. If it works, might as well keep doing it until it stops working.

Wisconsin has a chump schedule. With all the crappy teams, they're buying themselves extra BYE weeks.

BYE, BYE, BYE

Michigan, Northwestern, BYE

MSU, Illinois, Ohio State, BYE

Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue, Minnesota​

I would lump Illinois in as a bye.
It sincerely makes me nervous when I keep seeing people saying this. I don't think that Illinois is a very good team, but they have talent, and they beat the crap out of Minnesota in a way that we didn't, and they have almost everyone back. I think that they have a 50/50 shot at going .500 and making a bowl game this year, and that means that they'd have to upset somebody. I don't want it to be us.

Leave Nebraska out of it because I don't want to get high off of the Kool-Aid,... who else in the B1G West is a lock to finish with less than 3 conference losses? I'm guessing that the preseason rankings will look something close to this:
  1. Iowa
  2. Wisconsin
  3. Northwestern
  4. Nebraska
  5. Purdue
  6. Minnesota
  7. Illinois
Iowa has Penn State at home, and they play at Michigan, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. If they lose only two of those games, and at least one of them is an East team, they'll win the West. I don't think it's going to happen. I think that they lose at least 3, maybe 4 conference games, and at least one of the losses will be a team I didn't even list just now, probably Minnesota.

Wisconsin's crossover games are Michigan, Michigan State, and at Ohio State, so they could go undefeated in the West and still have 3 losses. I think that they finish with 4 or more conference losses.

Northwestern's crossover games are Michigan, Ohio State, and at Indiana. Again, I think that they finish with around 4 losses in the conference.

[I'm going to skip Nebraska, or that's all you'll talk about.]

Purdue has crossovers with Indiana, Maryland, and at Penn State. I think that they lose two of those, and at least two more from teams in the West.

Minnesota plays Maryland and Penn State at home, and they travel to Rutgers; at worst they lose one of those. They also get Nebraska and Wisconsin at home. Minnesota should finish with about 4 losses.

Illinois can lose 6 conference games and still go bowling, but they have to win all 3 non-conference games, Rutgers, and ... I don't know, but I think that they beat two teams in the B1G besides Rutgers.

Nebraska could lose to Ohio State, Wisconsin, and one other team and still win the B1G West as long as that other team isn't also sitting at 6-3 in conference play.

South Florida Bulls was kinda tough. Wisconsin at S. Florida. IMO, Wisky's schedule equal to our Huskers schedule.

I had no idea how S. Florida did last year so I had to pull up their record. Not very good in the AAC but they did knock of Ga Tech and Illinois. That game could be more interesting than expected, though I think Wisky will push them around on both lines pretty bad.

I had no idea how S. Florida did last year so I had to pull up their record. Not very good in the AAC but they did knock of Ga Tech and Illinois. That game could be more interesting than expected, though I think Wisky will push them around on both lines pretty bad.
That will be a game film that Frost & company will be able to use to see how they matched up against South Florida's formations. It's very helpful as a coach to be able to see film of that from as close as possible to when you play them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back