• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Akol Arop, 6-5, 180 lbs, Fwd, Creighton Prep - Is 'N'

Not sure I quite understand this one. I’ll be interested to see how he has developed offensively in AAU ball and this winter at Prep.

Here is some more information from the OWH by Mike Sautter (a name I'm seeing more and more often), whose beat is Nebraska HS Basketball, regarding the two new Nebraska MBB Offers, Akol Arop (2019) and Donovan Williams (2020).

Nebraska basketball extends offers to Creighton Prep's Akol Arop, North Star's Donovan Williams

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/re...cle_6d559d71-d9d6-5c27-b98f-b2db3092af92.html

Quote from Akol Arop:
“It is wonderful to get an offer from a school that once recruited my older brother,” Arop said. “I’ve worked hard these last few years and am blessed to get where I am right now. Aguek’s recruitment from Nebraska and mine are different. I just hope he does well at San Diego State and I’ll do my best with the school I choose.”

Last edited:
Exciting to see this. In the OWH article linked by Red Don, it said that he's had an outstanding two weeks against top players. He's very athletic, and Sautter said his shooting has gotten much better. I hope the sourness between Aguek Arop and Tim Miles doesn't affect his recruitment.

Nebraska has offers to Akol Arop('19), Donovan Williams('20), and Chucky Hepburn ('21). Missed out on offering Shereef Mitchell. I'm guessing there's a "preferred walkon" offer for Jace Piatkowski, but he could play into a scholarship offer possibly. Offering one in-state guy a year seems like a step in the right direction if they are talented enough. Is there anyone else out there that they might offer?

Last edited:

You mean besides Heiman, right?
Yes, I mean besides Heiman. I like Brady. I guess I'm giving Arop the benefit of the doubt but not Heiman. I think Heiman might be a role player in a year or two. I hope he surprises me. Arop I think would be a role player day one. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back