• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019-20 Roster

Judging by the volume and talents of players being targeted by Hoiberg, et al; and the mutual interest being shown, It's becoming patently obvious that Husker Hoops will be undergoing a radical change in roster over the next couple of seasons, How soon this change will start to be reflected in the 2018-19 roster depends, but it could start sooner than we think with immediately eligible JUCO's and possible waivers regarding the eligibility of transfers due to coaching changes.

the all-guard squad:

• Jervay Green 6'3"
  • Amir Harris 6'5"
  • Dachon Burke 6'4"
will be here next year they're all #2 guards positionally right? cam mack would be right in this lane as well, Green and Burke will be some of the most talented guys on the roster - how do you see floor-time working out for all these SG's ?

and what the heck at 3-4-5 if Roby is gone, I hope Hoiberg and staff have some rabbits on in their hats for this roster

Get used to "positionless basketball", with the spreading of the floor and shooting required in the FH offense, it is the talent that matters, not the size or position. Although obviously defense will be challenging if they don't have at least one bigger body to protect the lane.

The roster was updated online today and RSo G Justin Costello (walk-on) has been removed.

Edit* Costello has officially entered the transfer portal.

Last edited:

At the first few team practices and get togethers everyone is going to need to wear name tags so they know who each other are.

The roster was updated online today and RSo G Justin Costello (walk-on) has been removed. I’m guessing that means he’s not planning on coming back. Let me know if anything official is ever posted.
I’m not saying this is the reason, but smart coaches use the 2 deep to work on the set offense, the break and the timing. You need the true speed and quickness of your top athletes to create the rhythm and timing on offense.

Walkons are responsible for a couple of things; keeping the energy high in day to day practices and being an opponent. You want those guys who are excited to hit the court or weight room everyday, and force the top group to bring it, or they will make them look silly.

More strategically, Walkons tend to fill the role of scout players, so you prefer if they have certain skills or traits that mirror some of those players you will be facing. They may not have the actual speed, or the ability to finish when they penetrate, or the strength. But if they can be a catch and shoot guy for weakside defensive work, or someone who can penetrate the lane to work defensive rotation, or even be a tall target in the post, that’s the type of person you look for as your walkons. Maybe JC isn’t quite what they are looking for to fill that need. Upgrading your walkons isn’t unheard of.

Last edited:

I’m not saying this is the reason, but smart coaches use the 2 deep to work on the set offense, the break and the timing. You need the true speed and quickness of your top athletes to create the rhythm and timing on offense.

Walkons are responsible for a couple of things; keeping the energy high in day to day practices and being an opponent. You want those guys who are excited to hit the court or weight room everyday, and force the top group to bring it, or they will make them look silly. More strategically, Walkons tend to fill the role of scout players, so you prefer if they have certain skills or traits that mirror some of those players you will be facing. They may not have the actual speed, or the ability to finish when they penetrate, or the strength. But if they can be a catch and shoot guy for weakside defensive work, or someone who can penetrate the lane to work defensive rotation, or even be a tall target in the post, that’s the type of person you look for as your walkons, and maybe JC isn’t quite what they are looking for. Upgrading your walkons isn’t unheard of.

Agreed. You need enough guys to be able to go through an actual practice. I wonder if Costello is wanting to transfer down a level or two in order to actually play. Can't blame the kid if that's the case.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back