• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Scholarship Numbers

In addition to Frost offering him last spring, 247Sports listed him as one of the four top targets for UCF when Frost was coaching. The relationship that the staff had with Canty does go a long way to taking that "reach" idea away as you alluded to.

I think we're in agreement on this one, but I can't tell for sure..

Anyone know the status of Peyton Newell? The last i read he could be transferring to K-State, although that sounded real iffy.

The rumor is definitely out there. But as of now, he's currently enrolled at Nebraska for the second semester. He might just be waiting to graduate after the semester before he can transfer. We'll see what happens when spring football rolls around.

I think we're in agreement on this one, but I can't tell for sure..
Yes, we are. I get why some may think it's a reach, but the relationship between Canty and the staff make it not that way.

The first post was on my phone in the parking lot of the store...this one is on my laptop waiting for dinner in the oven. I type much faster and my thoughts flow more clearly on my laptop.

Yes, we are. I get why some may think it's a reach, but the relationship between Canty and the staff make it not that way.

The first post was on my phone in the parking lot of the store...this one is on my laptop waiting for dinner in the oven. I type much faster and my thoughts flow more clearly on my laptop.

I liked the kid's tape that they showed at the recruiting event last night. Had some major pancakes. I just think that he'd be the closest thing to one in this class. Frost waited until a week before signing day to offer. But, like you said, the staff knew all about him. It's not like Canty was first contacted a week before signing day.

McCallum is listed on the official roster as a redshirt freshman. I'll make the update when I get the chance.

*Edit - changed McCallum to a redshirt freshman. Folkers is still the only walk-on from the 2018 class that is not on the official roster yet.

Last edited:
Removed walk-on DE Dylan Owen.

HuskerOnline has confirmed through a University spokesperson that senior walk-on defensive end Dylan Owen is no longer a part of the Nebraska football team. He is the first known player that has left the team since the hiring of head coach Scott Frost.

Walk-on OL Jake Kitten (R-So) is no longer listed on the roster. Moved Ben Stille to DE from LB.

Last edited:

Removed QB Patrick O'Brien. Currently sitting at 88 accounted for scholarships.

Quarterback Patrick O’Brien is leaving the Nebraska program. O’Brien was granted his release and is no longer with the Huskers program a Nebraska spokesperson confirmed to Land of 10’s Erin Sorensen.

Link

RB/CB C'Jai Payne (Omaha North) committed today as a walk-on. I'm going to add him as a CB since all his highlights are from that side of the ball. I'll add him to the list in a few days when I have a little more time.

*Edit* I heard Payne might not actually be on the team yet. He might just have a try-out in the fall. I'll wait until he's officially added to the roster.

Last edited:
Four walk-ons were removed from the official roster today: LB Cody Liske (R-Fr), RB Tanner Hass (R-So), RB Sean Lambert (R-So), WR Johnny Richard (R-So).

New walk-on WR Andrew Thurman was added to the spring game rosters. He's not listed on the actual roster on the web site yet. No information on him yet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back