• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Scholarship Numbers

Removed WR Keyan Williams (R-Sr) from the scholarship list. Added P Alec Cromer (R-So) as a walk-on transfer from South Dakota State. We've reached the 85 scholarship limit. Recruiting budget appears to be 18 (15 scholarship seniors plus B1G 3) at the moment.

Scholarship question here: teams are supposed to be down to 85 scholarships by the summer, correct? How do they get there if they don't have enough attrition? Do you they cut guys with scholarships or what? How do they get down to the mandatory 85?

Thanks.

Scholarship question here: teams are supposed to be down to 85 scholarships by the summer, correct? How do they get there if they don't have enough attrition? Do you they cut guys with scholarships or what? How do they get down to the mandatory 85?

Thanks.

I may be mistaken, but I believe they are only allowed to over sign the +3 in the B1G with details (i believe they need to be specific) on how they'll be arriving at 85 by fall camp. I don't believe there is a deadline in the summer.

Thanks.

I was always under the impression that teams had to be at 85 by the time fall camp begins. Teams will always have enough attrition. A lot of times you'll see a team get below the 85 at the start of fall camp and then award (usually redshirt seniors because the scholarship will be open again the next semester) walk-ons to bring the number back up to 85.

Players leave for numerous reasons. Some will transfer voluntarily for whatever reason (scheme change, playing time, closer to home, etc). Sometimes coaches might have to give a little nudge to some players in order to get them to leave. Something like "hey, you're probably never going to see playing time here. So, if you want to see the field, it might not be a bad idea to explore your options." Some players could be placed on medical scholarship. Alabama was accused of medically disqualifying players with minor injuries in the past to open up more space.

Not sure how closely you follow college basketball, but they can only give up 13 scholarships a season. A couple years ago Nebraska had to receive a waiver in order to have 14 guys on scholarship. Christian Standhardinger was ruled ineligble, so Doc Sadler signed a guy to replace him. Then the NCAA overturned that ruling and left the team with 14 scholarships. Not all 14 scholarship athletes could be active during the year though. I've never heard of that waiver happening in football, but I guess it's always possible.

Added QB Noah Vedral (So) to the scholarship numbers. He received his scholarship release from UCF this week. We're sitting at 86 total scholarships again.

C Michael Decker (R-Jr) announced his retirement today. Brings us back to 85 total scholarships. I'll update the charts when I have more time.

LB Andrew Ward (R-Fr) announced that he's transferring from the program today. Drops us to 84 total scholarships.

Removed LB Willie Hampton (R-Fr). Down to 83 known scholarships. Magic recruiting number is roughly 20.

Added DT/OG Vaha Vainuku (R-Jr). Grad transfer from Utah. I'm making the assumption that he's on scholarship. I'll update if things change. Up to 84 scholarships now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back