• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Royals

Soria (in his prime) was the same way. I saw way too many times where KC had a 2-run lead in the 9th, and he would eventually allow two or more batters to reach base only to end the game with a strikeout on his slow looping curve. He was one of the few players that I equally hated/loved to watch.
Definitely. Even Herrera was like that as a closer last season. We got pretty spoiled with Holland and Davis.

Gordon is looking much better at the plate right now. No real power but spraying the ball all over the field.

KC trails the Twins 3-2 in the 5th.

Great throw by Alex to home plate to end the inning and get the out. It was a hoot watching the third base coach waving the runner home only to have Alex and Salvie make a great play. Alex threw a strike to home from 206 feet.

Duffy goes to the DL. There goes our chance of postseason. :(

For whatever random reason, I decided to look up Duffy's contract and how many years he has left. He's making 14mil this season and will make over 15mil in each of 2019, 2020 and 2021. Dude better get his stuff figured out, because that's ace money and he hasn't pitched like an ace. If need be, shut him down for the rest of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I like Duffy and his passion, but 15mil is a lot of money for a guy that has a below .500 career record as a starter.

Last edited:
I watched the first 3 innings, up 6-0 and I thought tahat we got this. I had to do some chores and quit watching. Just looked up the final score. I guess, not that supprising.

For whatever random reason, I decided to look up Duffy's contract and how many years he has left. He's making 14mil this season and will make over 15mil in each of 2019, 2020 and 2021. Dude better get his stuff figured out, because that's ace money and he hasn't pitched like an ace. If need be, shut him down for the rest of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I like Duffy and his passion, but 15mil is a lot of money for a guy that has a below .500 career record as a starter.

From a Googled article

ERA,
"4.50: OK for a new pitcher developing in the Majors or a guy battling through some hard times, but otherwise, a 4.50 ERA isn’t going to get a player where he wants to be."

Seems about right. Duffy's, this season 4.90, lifetime 3.91

KC would have to lose their last 30 games to set the record for most losses in a season.

Need to go 15-15 to tie the club record for losses at 106.

The baby Royals are starting to play well.

Dozier, O'Hearn and Gallagher all hit HRs tonight. Mondesi is looking much better as well.

The starting pitching continues to do very well. In the last 7 days, the Royals bullpen has only pitched 4 innings...which is why KC is winning.

They go for their 3rd straight series win tomorrow.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back