• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Royals

It's brutal.

I keep having to Google 'World Series Winners' to make sure I didn't dream 2015.

Three freaking years ago and we're this damned bad.

It is pretty disturbing how quickly the crash happened. I know some World Series winners immediately gutted their teams (i.e. Marlins) but I'm not sure that I can recall a team that has more gradually lost their talent from a WS championship turning this bad this quickly.

It is pretty disturbing how quickly the crash happened. I know some World Series winners immediately gutted their teams (i.e. Marlins) but I'm not sure that I can recall a team that has more gradually lost their talent from a WS championship turning this bad this quickly.

Everything clicked in 2015, but it wasn't smoke and mirrors. It started with the pitching and snowballed from there. If I recall correctly they traded some good minor league talent to get a few guys in '15 and '16 and that's another part of the problem.

Tonight has been some timely hitting and decent fielding, but it still looks like AAA ball.

Awful season, very tough to handle the lack of competitiveness and the run differential (though losses are losses, no matter by how much) as we sink 40 games(!!!) below 0.500. BUT, did anyone catch AG's hustle on the Morrison shot off the wall last night? This is a guy, battling at the plate for three years now on a bad, bad team, and he bolts 30 yards(?), grabs the ball, and throws a dart to nail the guy stretching for a triple. Maybe wearing the Royal Blue and Husker Red glasses, but that was impressive.

Awful season, very tough to handle the lack of competitiveness and the run differential (though losses are losses, no matter by how much) as we sink 40 games(!!!) below 0.500. BUT, did anyone catch AG's hustle on the Morrison shot off the wall last night? This is a guy, battling at the plate for three years now on a bad, bad team, and he bolts 30 yards(?), grabs the ball, and throws a dart to nail the guy stretching for a triple. Maybe wearing the Royal Blue and Husker Red glasses, but that was impressive.

I did see it. He also crushed a home run in the same game. He'd still be a top five player if he could keep his BA above .300 and turn on more balls like that. His fielding, hustle and arm are not in doubt.

You guys are missing the whole point of this Royals season. They are slyly going about celebrating the kc royals 50th anniversary season by getting to an exact win total of 50!

Wow, what a game tonight. The Royals almost just Pi**ed it down their leg. Gordo saves the day with an easy catch,

Wow, what a game tonight. The Royals almost just Pi**ed it down their leg. Gordo saves the day with an easy catch,
That 9th inning was frustrating. I thought for sure they were going to complete the meltdown.

Last edited:
The Royals are going to win their first series since May as they have won the first two games against the Twins.

The O's pass them for worst team in the league. This is a tight race. :Bananalazy:

Royals sweep the Twins and have won 4 of 5 overall.

Only 29 games out of the 2nd wildcard spot. :Banana:

Looks like the Nationals and Royals made another trade.

Royals dealt flame-throwing minor league reliever Jacob Condra-Bogan for Brian Goodwin. That’s a pretty good deal for the Royals. If healthy, Goodwin could put up .275, 20 bombs, and play really good defense. Problem is, he’s fragile and often injured. Still though, his contract is controlled for a while, he can be a productive player while the Royals rebuild. He already knows the organization and most likely can platoon in all three positions while offering great defense and decent speed.

With Soto playing well and Eaton well, Nats were out of options and had to deal.

Royals looking to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again. Already blown a 2-run lead in the top of the 9th...nobody out, man on 2nd. :Banghead:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back