• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Recruiting Class

2018 commits update:

Alex Benavides - RHP - California - 87 mph fastball

Bo Blessie - RHP - Texas - Injured much of junior campaign

Cameron Chick - Utility - Missouri - .290 BA with 3 HRs

Drew Gillin - INF - Millard South - .300 BA with 1 HR and was 14/15 on SBs, led the state in RBIs

Colby Gomes - RHP - Millard West - Hitting 94 mph on radar gun, went 5-1 in the spring with 1.56 ERA. Struck out 42 and walked 12.

Brett Hammitt - INF - Missouri - .450 BA with 4 HRs and 22 walks

Tyler Martin - LHP - Missouri - 4-3 on the seasons with a 1.90 ERA with an 89mph fastball.

Kyle Perry - LHP - Millard South - 10-0 on the season with a .47 ERA and 90 Ks.

Spencer Schwellenbach - RHP/INF - Michigan - .400+ BA, and 5-3 pitching with a .72 ERA and hitting 93 mph with FB

Schay Schanaman - Utility - Grand Island - .396 BA with 2 HRs

Evan Shawver - LHP/OF - Ohio - Pitched 55 innings with 92 Ks and a .38 ERA

Shawver, Schwellenbach, Perry, Hammitt, and Gomes are studs in this class. I worry Perry and Gomes are draft bound and have to think one more might go as well. Gomes and Perry are studs, Friday night guys that change a program with a 1-2 punch that could get us to super regionals.

2018 commits update:

Bo Blessie - RHP - Texas - Injured much of junior campaign

Cameron Chick - Utility - Missouri - .290 BA with 3 HRs

Drew Gillin - INF - Millard South - .300 BA with 1 HR and was 14/15 on SBs, led the state in RBIs

Colby Gomes - RHP - Millard West - Hitting 94 mph on radar gun, went 5-1 in the spring with 1.56 ERA. Struck out 42 and walked 12.

Brett Hammitt - INF - Missouri - .450 BA with 4 HRs and 22 walks

Tyler Martin - LHP - Missouri - 4-3 on the seasons with a 1.90 ERA with an 89mph fastball.

Kyle Perry - LHP - Millard South - 10-0 on the season with a .47 ERA and 90 Ks.

Spencer Schwellenbach - RHP/INF - Michigan - .400+ BA, and 5-3 pitching with a .72 ERA and hitting 93 mph with FB

Schay Schanaman - Utility - Grand Island - .396 BA with 2 HRs

Evan Shawver - LHP/OF - Ohio - Pitched 55 innings with 92 Ks and a .38 ERA

Shawver, Schwellenbach, Perry, Hammitt, and Gomes are studs in this class. I worry Perry and Gomes are draft bound and have to think one more might go as well. Gomes and Perry are studs, Friday night guys that change a program with a 1-2 punch that could get us to super regionals.

Glad to be getting a pitcher Northern California. I am from SF originally, so it is nice to have someone on our Husker team who is from nearby my home town.

If you have ever traveled through Gilroy, before you get near, you can smell garlic for from a good distance! Yes, Gilroy is famous for it's garlic. In fact, it is known as the "Garlic Capital of the Nation and World!! It is in Santa Clara County.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back