• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 PF Chang offered - SDSU, SLCC, Mizzou

Hold on... he made a top 3 with us in it before he had a committable offer from us? Am I following this right?

That looks like what happened. I’ve seen it happen before both here and at other schools. I used to think it was the coaching staffs not communicating effectively enough. I’m convinced that most cases are simply just recruits living in their own reality.

Last edited:

That looks like what happened. I’ve seen it happen before both here and at other schools. I used to think it was the coaching staffs not communicating effectively enough. I’m convinced that most cases are simply just recruits living in their own reality.
True.

I'm torn on Chang. Not sure what he could turn out to be, Washington got a closer look at him and didn't send him a NLI to sign. But at Papio he could shoot the piss out of the thing, and if it's between taking him or giving Borchardt a scholarship, probably best to get another shooter in the mix?

True.

I'm torn on Chang. Not sure what he could turn out to be, Washington got a closer look at him and didn't send him a NLI to sign. But at Papio he could shoot the piss out of the thing, and if it's between taking him or giving Borchardt a scholarship, probably best to get another shooter in the mix?

While it’s true that he can shoot the ball pretty well, I think his reputation as being a really good shooter is greatly exaggerated. He shot 28% from behind the arc in his three years at Papillion. I think a lot of it was shot selection. Very, very poor shot selection. I also question the motor/effort. I would have offered Wingett over Chang (my opinion). Not trying to be negative, just something I noticed two years ago.

That said, humbling learning experiences happen to all of us. You can grow a lot personally in two years at that age so that is something the coaches will have to decide. If Chang decides to come to Nebraska next year, I’m all in. He’s a local kid that went to a high school near my house, I’ll be a fan.

Good point about if it comes down to putting a walk-on on scholarship or taking Chang. I don’t disagree with that sentiment. I could see a scenario where Miles could be thinking that this team could potentially recieve a lot of buzz this winter. He could save the ‘ship for a mid-season transfer or a higher level 2019 recruit that may be more likely to come if they make a run and Moos decides Miles is the guy. I would personally choose your choice but I could see how Miles might see that option.

Last edited:
While it’s true that he can shoot the ball pretty well, I think his reputation as being a really good shooter is greatly exaggerated. He shot 28% from behind the arc in his three years at Papillion. I think a lot of it was shot selection. Very, very poor shot selection. I also question the motor/effort. I would have offered Wingett over Chang (my opinion). Not trying to be negative, just something I noticed two years ago.

That said, humbling learning experiences happen to all of us. You can grow a lot personally in two years at that age so that is something the coaches will have to decide. If Chang decides to come to Nebraska next year, I’m all in. He’s a local kid that went to a high school near my house, I’ll be a fan.

Good point about if it comes down to putting a walk-on on scholarship or taking Chang. I don’t disagree with that sentiment. I could see a scenario where Miles could be thinking that this team could potentially recieve a lot of buzz this winter. He could save the ‘ship for a mid-season transfer or a higher level 2019 recruit that may be more likely to come if they make a run and Moos decides Miles is the guy. I would personally choose your choice but I could see how Miles might see that option.
I don't know if i'm being too big of a D with the Borchardt vs. Chang thing. But if i'm Miles and coaching for my job, i'm bringing in another player to give me all the options possible. Different year with some security, maybe you move that scholarship to the 2019 class.

You're right about him at Papio, his numbers started tanking because he just floats around the arc and jacks it up. People figured out he doesn't really create other ways, and his shots got more and more difficult. Not going to get any easier in the B1G. At least Wingett got to the hole.

As you said, he would be a local kid playing for us and get a bit of an Omaha connection so i'd be a fan. We need all the help we can get.

I don't know if i'm being too big of a D with the Borchardt vs. Chang thing. But if i'm Miles and coaching for my job, i'm bringing in another player to give me all the options possible. Different year with some security, maybe you move that scholarship to the 2019 class.

You're right about him at Papio, his numbers started tanking because he just floats around the arc and jacks it up. People figured out he doesn't really create other ways, and his shots got more and more difficult. Not going to get any easier in the B1G. At least Wingett got to the hole.

As you said, he would be a local kid playing for us and get a bit of an Omaha connection so i'd be a fan. We need all the help we can get.
I really like the idea of glue guys (like Evan Taylor) being from Nebraska. I'm not sure that either WIngett or Chang is that sort, but I have hopes that Heiman will be. Chang is a pretty good athlete, and maybe he'll pick up a thing or two from the upper-classmen if he signs. Seems like there is the chance to sign a good Nebraska kid, so go do it with your eyes open.

They did, but they hadn't when he posted a top 3 with us in it. Gutsy move by this teenager!
I wondered if not publicly offering was our attempt to not look foolish? He rejected us pretty casually the first time, maybe having us in the top 3 was an olive branch from Chang.

This might not be real

It was retweeted by Ed Chang but then deleted. Would prefer to get this done now that we know who is coming back - either in or out.

Read a rumor that Ed Chang might reclassify to 2019. Since he didn't play last year, I think he would be taking a bigger chance than normal by going to prep school. It has worked for some, but he better have a great year if he's going to get better offers afterwards.

Off topic of Chang, but on-topic for recruiting Omaha;

Creighton offered Shereef Mitchell for 2019, and looks like he's going to commit to the Jays pretty soon. What's it going to take... *sigh*

I really like the idea of glue guys (like Evan Taylor) being from Nebraska. I'm not sure that either WIngett or Chang is that sort, but I have hopes that Heiman will be. Chang is a pretty good athlete, and maybe he'll pick up a thing or two from the upper-classmen if he signs. Seems like there is the chance to sign a good Nebraska kid, so go do it with your eyes open.

I didn't realize Taylor was from Nebraska, i thought he had transferred in, but evidently i don't watch it that closely. Was he from Omaha?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back