• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 IIHF WJC....Anybody Watching?

redwinghusker

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Pretty good tourney so far. USA playing well except for that slip up to Slovakia. Looks like the usually suspects will be in the medal round. Watching the US vs Fins game now.

Yeah I am and I think the USA is the team to beat after the last two games. Most depth and talent this go around

I hope we do not stumble and take the Gold

Here are the times for the Qtr Final Match-Ups tomorrow 2 January:

Finland v Czech Republic 11 AM CST

Canada v Swizterland 3 PM CST

Sweden v Slovakia 5 PM CST (not on TV)

United States v Russia 7 PM CST

Last edited:

Following Andersson for Sweden and Chytil for the Czech Republic since they are the future of the Rangers.

USA beats Russia in a real meat grinder game 4-2. USA the better team without a doubt lives to advance to the semi-final to face Sweden on Thursdsy.

Very composed and disciplined win for the Americans.

Canada will face Czech Republic.

I’ve been watching from start. Pretty disappointed with the crowd sizes in Buffalo. Way off from seven years ago. I think they jacked the prices to high especially for preliminary games along with the weaker Canuck dollar keeping fans from Southern Ontario away. Canada looks good. Please don’t count that joke of an outdoor game. Next time someone suggests playing outdoors I hope they are fired. Watching a game in a snow storm sucks. Watched Montreal Ottawa outdoor game. Just brutal. Ice was crap. Like watching a shiny game

I’ve been watching from start. Pretty disappointed with the crowd sizes in Buffalo. Way off from seven years ago. I think they jacked the prices to high especially for preliminary games along with the weaker Canuck dollar keeping fans from Southern Ontario away. Canada looks good. Please don’t count that joke of an outdoor game. Next time someone suggests playing outdoors I hope they are fired. Watching a game in a snow storm sucks. Watched Montreal Ottawa outdoor game. Just brutal. Ice was crap. Like watching a shiny game

Yeah that was a tough game to watch. Brutal cold and heavy snow. The constant breaks to shovel the ice did not help either. Then again both teams were on equal footing as far as that goes.

With the weather on the East Coast will be interesting to see if the games get played today.

Wow....didn’t see the game. Just checked the score. I had a USA vs Canada rematch in the finals to make up for that crappy outdoor game. That’s out the window now. Hope the Canucks can beat the Czech’s. Haven’t watched a Swedish game yet. They must of played well to oust the home team

Wow....didn’t see the game. Just checked the score. I had a USA vs Canada rematch in the finals to make up for that crappy outdoor game. That’s out the window now. Hope the Canucks can beat the Czech’s. Haven’t watched a Swedish game yet. They must of played well to oust the home team
I caught the last 6 minutes. My kid said the US was sloppy and the Swede's scored on a couple of US mistakes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back