• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 C Brady Heiman, 6-11, 200 lbs, Platteview is 'N' (enters Transfer Portal > So. Dakota)

Thanks for posting this. I have seen him play twice. You really can't tell much against the competition he's playing against. There are two things I like though. He's got quick feat for a teenager with that size, he's not uncoordinated and on stilts, he's athletic. He also has some range, which is what I really like about him. Pick-n-rolls, pick-n-pops, I think he can provide some mismatches offensively.
This is what I've heard from a few who saw him. If you need a true 5, this isn't your guy. He'll add some weight, but not ever going to be Jordy-ish. If you recruit him you do so with the idea of creating matchup problems because of his range. Go small to cover him, and he can post up. I like what that type of player can bring a team, because in the B1G there are teams of all different shapes and sizes, so the more options you have, the better.

What a roller coaster ride with Miles. I hope this year works out and Heiman will be a star at Nebraska in the future.

tenor.gif

We have five open scholarships I think for the 2018 class... an in-state kid with D1 offers is probably someone you need to offer that is 6'10". I have not seen him play at all so hopefully it works out.

Plus we hosted a guy from Iceland this weekend (Thorir Gudmindur Thorbjarson; that sound you hear is Kent Pavelka's heart palpitations) who would be eligible this season. Maybe one of those open ships will be used after all!

Plus we hosted a guy from Iceland this weekend (Thorir Gudmindur Thorbjarson; that sound you hear is Kent Pavelka's heart palpitations) who would be eligible this season. Maybe one of those open ships will be used after all!
I hear he's called "The Icelandic Iverson". He's Kronor from the Corner.

http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20/2017/Thorir-Thorbjarnarson

From his FIBA stats, I'd guess that he's supposed to be the 3 point shooter, but wasn't able to hit. He's a deceptive defender (5 steals in one game), decent passer, and hold his own rebounding. Hope he's not just a guy with a pulse. EDIT: the entire team shot badly in FIBA, maybe that's the team strategy? "Anarchy on the Court"?

Back to the subject: glad that they offered Heiman. :N:
http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Hoops-Huskers-make-in-state-offer-105853986

Last edited:

That is outstanding! Maybe he can be the Brian Conklin type, or Walter Pitchford. If we're lucky he turns into Andrew Drevo. :)

Welcome :N:!

He does have one more year of HS. Enjoy your Senior season and hope you come to Lincoln 'Rarin'-to-Go!''

:Welcome:

Last edited:

He might fill out more than you think. Dad looks pretty thick in that picture.
As a personal authority on such things... most Dad's tend to "fill out" over time. Although I long had the potential, I didn't thicken up until after a few years of marriage and we'll after my playing days were over. ;)

Anyway... Welcome aboard Mr. Heiman. Great to grab a local kid.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back