• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018, 6-2, F, Ashtyn Veerbeek, Hull, IA is N

Forward from Iowa commits to NU women's basketball team for 2018

(Ashtyn Veerbeek's a junior and will be part of the Huskers’ 2018 class. Playing at Western Christian High School in Iowa’s second-smallest division, Veerbeek is averaging 25.3 points and 10.7 rebounds per game this season and has helped her team to a 6-1 record. Last year, she averaged 16 points, and Western Christian was state runner-up.

Veerbeek is the second known high school player to commit to Nebraska since Williams became head coach, joining Minden senior Taylor Kissinger. Nebraska has recruited two college transfers, Janay Morton and Bria Stallworth, who will be eligible to play next season.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_3af94ebc-be89-59de-8a96-603f416778b8.html

This girl is a good one. Dominating competitor at forward. My granddaughter competed against her and she pretty much controls the paint and the rebounds on both ends of the court. She scores from outside as well as in close.

:Welcome2: iared. Always glad to have some company on the Lady Husker Hoops forum. :Salute:

It has been a rough year, but things are definitely looking up. We'll continue to struggle, but we seem to be getting better with each game. :Shout:

Nice way to finish the game against Iowa, with a 9-0 run to come back from a double-digit deficit :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap: Too bad it wasn't a 12-0 run (or 13-0)
All-Devaney_wink.png
, but we had our chance to tie at the end. :Redface:

Things are definitely looking up. Bria Stallworth is reported to be a very good player and ball-handler, available next year, Taylor Kissinger has committed to the Huskers, and hopefully Rachel Blackburn will be back healthy next season. All this with one more year for the current players to develop and grow into Coach Amy William's schemes.

:Welcome2: iared. Always glad to have some company on the Lady Husker Hoops forum. :Salute:

It has been a rough year, but things are definitely looking up. We'll continue to struggle, but we seem to be getting better with each game. :Shout:

Nice way to finish the game against Iowa, with a 9-0 run to come back from a double-digit deficit :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap: Too bad it wasn't a 12-0 run (or 13-0)
All-Devaney_wink.png
, but we had our chance to tie at the end. :Redface:

Things are definitely looking up. Bria Stallworth is reported to be a very good player and ball-handler, available next year, Taylor Kissinger has committed to the Huskers, and hopefully Rachel Blackburn will be back healthy next season. All this with one more year for the current players to develop and grow into Coach Amy William's schemes.

I hope you're right, Don. I like Amy a lot, but I have some doubts about the mental state of the program. I think a segment of the team got what they wanted and it may be a case of buyer's remorse.

Will have to watch the Iowa girls b-ball results from the other side of the state a little more closely. More familiar with the largest class on the eastern side.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back