• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Pens with another penalty called with a punch to the face of Ellis for the Preds. 5 on 3 for :32 seconds.

The Predators have just knocked at least their 3rd shot off of the post. 5:59 left in game. TV time out.

Penguins with the very late goal to take the 1 - 0 lead. It doth looketh as though Pittsburg will retain the Stanley Cup. Less than :30 seconds left in the game. WOWZERS!!!!

Well deserved Pittsburgh was the best team. My daughter is ecstatic

Now the Rangers need to get it done

Best division in the NHL wins the Cup as it should be

Last edited:

Pittsburgh played like they wanted it more( I hate that cliche, but it's essentially true) and that is not taking anything away from Nashville, as they fought tooth and nail tonight, it just wasn't to be for them.... entertaining game for certain.

Pittsburgh played like they wanted it more( I hate that cliche, but it's essentially true) and that is not taking anything away from Nashville, as they fought tooth and nail tonight, it just wasn't to be for them.... entertaining game for certain.
I am not sure the team that won the cup was the best team but a healthy Penguin team almost certainly was. That said, screw the Penguins.

and with their up and coming draft choices they will be good for a while

Agreed well deserved, played all aspect of the game and they stepped up when the pressure was on. It's what great teams do.

Not a huge NHL fan even tough Hockey is the best sport in the world.
Crosby is the man!

Last edited:

Man I hate the Penguins. This sucks.
I am not sure the team that won the cup was the best team but a healthy Penguin team almost certainly was. That said, screw the Penguins.
and with their up and coming draft choices they will be good for a while

Agreed well deserved, played all aspect of the game and they stepped up when the pressure was on. It's what great teams do.

Not a huge NHL fan even tough Hockey is the best sport in the world.
Crosby is the man!
I didn't get a chance to get on here much througout the series, but at least we can give some love to the Nebraska born-UNO boy Jake Gunzel. Led the Pens in scoring with 13 goals and 21 points (tied for most ever by a rookie in a post season).
http://www.startribune.com/in-woodbury-jake-guentzel-is-one-popular-cookie/427854863/

That entire playoff run was brutal for Pittsburgh. Got to be the toughest sport to win a championship.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back