• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Nashville getting absolutely jobbed by the officials and the league so far. They are outplaying the Pens but a bs goal overturn and two very iffy concurrent penalties resulting in a 5-3 and PP goal for Pittsburgh.

No way that Pred goal should have been overturned. Inconclusive.
Just saw what you were talking about on SC and I have to agree, that goal should have counted, and that second penalty shouldn't have been called in the first place for the 5 on 3. But, it is what it is, and the Pens get the win.

Just saw what you were talking about on SC and I have to agree, that goal should have counted, and that second penalty shouldn't have been called in the first place for the 5 on 3. But, it is what it is, and the Pens get the win.
IMO both penalties were questionable but the cross check was mostly a dive.

If the Pens play like this the rest of the series they are in trouble.

There is no doubt the Pens need to play better to win, you are not going to consistently get the 'w' with only a dozen shots on goal. Article I read this morning talked about how the Senators basically pulled a 'hack a Shack' on Crosby and took him out, the Predators didn't barely touch him. While the shots on goal makes that strategy look brilliant I am not so sure that leaving Sid alone is a good idea. One thing that helped the Pens was a mistake by the opponents that Pittsburgh could capitalize on , maybe too focused on Sid, but this might be going the other way a tad bit. Murray needs to play better, but the D could help him out a little more. Should be an interesting series.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...predators-barely-touched-sidney-crosby-game-1

Last edited:

First period of game two and refs were horrendous. Not good for a SC Final

Worst officiated period I have seen in quite sometime in awhile

All tied up at 1

Nashville playing very chippy

Pittsburgh looks like a different team tonight

Last edited:
Two periods done and still one all

Nashville still very chippy bordering on dirty and are letting it go so far

Like I said Pittsburgh playing much better tonight

Home ice should be the difference in period three

Nashville can not afford to get down two games

Last edited:
Just like that the Penguins score three goals in three minutes and lead 4 to 1

Nashville in deep trouble in the game and series

Now 5 to 1 with 14 minutes left

Goal called offside so back to 4 to 1

Last edited:
Murray kept the Pens in the game in the 1st 2 periods and then Pitt dominated the 3rd.

I think the games in Nashville will be interesting.

Not sure anyone can say the Pittsburgh deserved to win. Aside from a 3 1/2 minute stretch in the 3rd it was either even hockey or Nashville with the momentum. Final score is all that matters I guess, keep it up Pens. While I would love to see another week of Hockey I think both teams are ready for the season to be over, we shall see.

Well, I was in the air last night and didn't get to see any of the game at all. Just now am seeing that the Pens won game 2. I was hoping for a 7 game series(and may still get one) but it doesn't look good for the Predators right now.

Nashville is a chippy team and the refs have let them get away with it through 3 games

End of one and its 1 to 0 Pittsburgh

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back