• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Pens in their second straight Cup Final. Home ice and the favorite.

They just keep winning injuries and all

NBC breathing easier as an Ottowa v Nashville Final would have been a ratings nightmare

Will be joining my daughter in rooting for Pittsburgh

Last edited:
Went to bed at the end of regulation so it was a nice surprise to see the Pens win. I think it will be a fun series to watch. Article I read said either this will be the first team in the salary cap era to win back to back cups or it will be the first cup for Nashville period. Look forward to a good series. Obviously a Pens fan but I don't have a problem with Nashville, would be neat to see them get their first cup (hopefully not but if it happens, oh well.) Would love to see 7 games as well.

Pittsburgh had some many chances where they couldn't get the puck in the net that I thought for sure it wasn't going to go their way.
They survived the ridiculous playoff pairings of the NHL to get to the final.

Nashville getting absolutely jobbed by the officials and the league so far. They are outplaying the Pens but a bs goal overturn and two very iffy concurrent penalties resulting in a 5-3 and PP goal for Pittsburgh.

No way that Pred goal should have been overturned. Inconclusive.

3-0 after one period. This game is over.
Not so fast my friend. Predators just tied this game up in the 3rd period with 6:31 to play. It was 3 nothing when I left work, it's now 3 - 3. 5:57 left in regulation of game 1. GO NASHVILLE!!!!

Not so fast my friend. Predators just tied this game up in the 3rd period with 6:31 to play. It was 3 nothing when I left work, it's now 3 - 3. 5:57 left in regulation of game 1. GO NASHVILLE!!!!
I saw that...was watching television with my wife and checked the game when the show we were binge watching was over. Turned it on just in time to see the PP start and then the tying goal.:thumbsup:

25 to 8 shots on goal for Nashville. Their defense is really giving the Pens problems.

Well, they pretty much just won this one, with that empty net goal. What a flurry in the 3rd. 3 - 5 Pens. 1:02 left in the game.

Last edited:

I didn't get to see very much of the first two periods, but that 3rd was something else. I am rooting for Nashville, just because, but I really hope the series goes the full 7 games with out any big blowouts(unless they get one each-I'd be okay with that) and a couple of OT games thrown in for good measure.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back