• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

I have seen power plays where the other team has more shots than the team with the power play. But even with a one goal lead, no team is going to 'sit on the puck' on a power play. They are going to try and capitalize on their advantage. Chicago was a goal down so I know they would want to attack as much as possible.

And Chicago is the better team but this is the NHL playoffs. Most series are a dogfight.
See, that's what I was thinking, however, they literally took one or two shots when they could have taken 5, 6 or more. I'm still perplexed by that.

See, that's what I was thinking, however, they literally took one or two shots when they could have taken 5, 6 or more. I'm still perplexed by that.
Teams don't just throw the puck at the goal. They are trying to set up closer shots, shots through traffic, or creating lanes where they can use a cross-ice pass to get the goalie out of position. If the goalie can see an undeflected shot from a distance, he is going to make that save 99% of the time.

Teams don't just throw the puck at the goal. They are trying to set up closer shots, shots through traffic, or creating lanes where they can use a cross-ice pass to get the goalie out of position. If the goalie can see an undeflected shot from a distance, he is going to make that save 99% of the time.
I understand, I have more than just a pure basic understanding, I just didn't understand them essentially not attacking like they were when the teams were full on both sides. I swear, they literally backed off when they had the extra man.

I understand, I have more than just a pure basic understanding, I just didn't understand them essentially not attacking like they were when the teams were full on both sides. I swear, they literally backed off when they had the extra man.
I didn't see the game but I find that hard to believe. I have seen very frustrating power plays from the Rangers where they sometimes try to be too perfect with passes and end up just wasting an opportunity but I have never seen them passive on purpose. Goals are far too valuable in the playoffs to not attack when given the opportunity.

I didn't see the game but I find that hard to believe. I have seen very frustrating power plays from the Rangers where they sometimes try to be too perfect with passes and end up just wasting an opportunity but I have never seen them passive on purpose. Goals are far too valuable in the playoffs to not attack when given the opportunity.
It's the first time I've watched a whole game this year, I've seen periods here and there, I watched most of the playoffs last year, so it really left me dumbfounded to say the least. Apparently, they couldn't hear me trying to coach through my TV, weird.

Okay, it wasn't coaching, it was more like, "What The **** are you guys doing?"

Last edited:
It's the first time I've watched a whole game this year, I've seen periods here and there, I watched most of the playoffs last year, so it really left me dumbfounded to say the least. Apparently, they couldn't hear me trying to coach through my TV, weird.
While I would love to see Nashville pull off the upset, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Blackhawks win 4 games to 1. They are notoriously badass during the playoffs.

Anaheim just tied Calgary up at 2 with a helluva play, from one end to the other on a long pass.

UNO's Jake G. gets his first playoff goal. Not a bad line to play on with Crosby. Two games now Columbus has gone out strong and taken it to Pittsburgh in the first period, but can't catch a break then Pittsburgh gets a goal and just seems to have more steam in periods 2 and 3. Hope it keeps up.

Oilers shut out the Sharks for second game in a row to take a 2 - 1 lead.

Final, 1 - 0.

Last edited:

Great advertisement for UNO. Jake G. scored a hat trick and the winner in the Penguin's 3rd game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back