• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 6-5, C, Katie Cain, Middletown, NY is 'N'

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
6-5, C, Katie Cain, Pine Bush HS, Middletown, NY decommits from Delaware, considering Nebraska, Indiana, Minnesota, Virginia, Dayton and Oklahoma.

Delaware’s coaching change in women’s basketball has cost the Blue Hens a top recruit.

Kate Cain, the 6-foot-5 center from Pine Bush (N.Y.) High, has reopened her recruiting, said her high school coach Bill Lacovara.

She is now considering Nebraska, Indiana, Minnesota, Virginia, Dayton and Oklahoma, he said.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...ball-loses-highly-regarded-recruit/421660001/

Last edited:

It's Official! Kate Cain, Post Player, is 'N' :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

:Welcome2: Kate! :nod:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211634299

Huskers Add Top 100 Freshman Cain to Post Game

One of the top 100 players nationally in the 2017 high school senior class will join the Nebraska women's basketball program for the 2017-18 season, as Coach Amy Williams announced on Friday that 6-5 center Kate Cain will join the Husker program.
Williams said Cain will provide immediate help for the Huskers in the post, while bringing her work ethic and high character to the team.

"We're excited to have Kate join our program," Williams said. "She brings a strong back-to-the-basket post presence to our team and much-needed depth at that position. She's got great hands and a good presence around the rim. She is an excellent student, has great character and fits perfectly with the humble, hard-working culture we are establishing at Nebraska."

OGIBEDPEKGZFJSN.20170623194341.jpg

Last edited:
Things are looking UP! :nod:

upload_2017-6-24_10-18-35.jpeg

Cain was a finalist for Miss New York Basketball honors as a senior, when she averaged 25.2 points, 12.3 rebounds and 7.9 blocks per game for Coach Bill Lacouara at Pine Bush High School. She was a first-team USA Today All-New York selection in 2016-17. She averaged 24.3 points, 15.0 rebounds and 8.0 blocks per game as a junior. Cain, who hails from Middletown, N.Y., played her club basketball for Coach John Reilly and the Hudson Valley Elite AAU program. She also helped Pine Bush to the New York state volleyball finals.

Cain has a strong family background in basketball. Her father, Tim, graduated as the all-time leading scorer (1,872 points) in Manhattan College history. He was a two-time honorable-mention All-American by The Sporting News, averaging 17.3 points per game during his career for the Jaspers. Kate's mother, Alison (Martinsky) Cain, was also a 1,000-point career scorer as a collegian at Fairfield, finishing with 1,071 points. She also ranked 10th in Fairfield history with 734 career rebounds, while ranking second in Stags history with 268 blocks. Alison played professionally in Ireland.

Last edited:

Here is another good article on Kate Cain (Bret Wagner, LJS)

I'm so I'm glad she chose to come to Nebraska. I think Lincoln is a great place and one of the best kept secrets for student-athletes.

Kate Cain was late addition, but also the right fit for Husker women

Cain could have gone to a program that won more than Nebraska did last year, but she liked what she saw and heard from the coaches.

“I love the coaches, and when new coaches are coming in it’s not always expected for them to have the crazy-great first year because the system is changing, the attitude, everything is changing,” Cain said. “And I knew what they did at their old school (South Dakota). They were very successful there. I knew Taylor (Kissinger) was coming in and she was a top recruit, and then I heard more about the 2018 recruits and I knew they were all really well-known and talented. And then at the end of last year they started having some upsets, so I saw it was coming together, and they just needed some time.”

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cial&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

Things are looking UP! :nod:

View attachment 12020

Exactly! First thought I had was..............oh, she is so tall, and so much closer to the basket!! If she is, at all athletic, she can be a huge scorer!!! Good luck, Kate! GBR!!!

"Cain was a finalist for Miss New York Basketball honors as a senior, when she averaged 25.2 points, 12.3 rebounds and 7.9 blocks per game for Coach Bill Lacouara at Pine Bush High School. She was a first-team USA Today All-New York selection in 2016-17. She averaged 24.3 points, 15.0 rebounds and 8.0 blocks per game as a junior. Cain, who hails from Middletown, N.Y., played her club basketball for Coach John Reilly and the Hudson Valley Elite AAU program. She also helped Pine Bush to the New York state volleyball finals."

Wow, she comes from a family that eats, sleeps basketball forever!! Great genes, for sure!

I like it!!!

Hey, when she makes a dunk, the crowd can yell..........Raise Cain!!! (too much?) ;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back