• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2015 Stanley Cup Play-Off Thread

Predictions for every first round series

FYI

New York Rangers (Metropolitan No. 1) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Wild Card No. 2)
The Penguins blew a 3-1 series lead to the Rangers in last season’s conference semifinals. They would be lucky to win two games this postseason.
The Rangers have better goaltending, a more talented blue line and a deeper group of forwards, specifically in the bottom six. The Penguins won’t have No. 1 defenseman Kris Letang for the rest of the season because of a concussion and top-four D-man Christian Ehrhoff’s status is uncertain with an upper body injury.
Pittsburgh’s superstar duo of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, as well as goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury need to dominate this series for the Pens to have a chance. Given Fleury’s recent playoff struggles — he hasn’t posted a save percentage above .900 with a goals against average below 2.40 since 2007-08 — that’s unlikely to happen.
Prediction: Rangers win series 4-1

Washington Capitals (Metropolitan No. 2) vs. New York Islanders (Metropolitan No. 3)
This is the most difficult series to predict in the East.
The Capitals have the league’s best power play, an edge in goaltending and played better to end the regular season. But the Islanders are a better puck possession team, have an elite first pairing featuring Johnny Boychuk and Nick Leddy, and the excitement of a fanbase hoping for one final championship run at Nassau Coliseum.
The series might come down to which first-line duo — John Tavares/Kyle Okposo for New York, Alexander Ovechkin/Nicklas Backstrom for Washington — plays better.
Prediction: New York wins series 4-3

http://nesn.com/2015/04/2015-stanley-cup-playoffs-predictions-for-every-first-round-series/

Pens will pull a reverse of the last several years. Instead of being a high seed and blowing out their back end, they tanked so they can come in as a low seed and everyone will let their guard down and then the Pens will take home Lord Stanley's Cup. At least that is how I see it.

Pens will pull a reverse of the last several years. Instead of being a high seed and blowing out their back end, they tanked so they can come in as a low seed and everyone will let their guard down and then the Pens will take home Lord Stanley's Cup. At least that is how I see it.

59590996.jpg

Sens call for Subban suspension after ‘lumberjack slash’

Suban is one of my least favorite players.....he is a diver, a cheat (i.e. slew foot master) and pulls stuff like this....

I'm surprised he got tossed in Montreal usually they get just about every call in that building....infamous how refs call such a one sided game in their barn....

I think he gets suspended.....

Watch the video here:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...for-subban-suspension-after-lumberjack-slash/

I think the Islanders will.....I was not surprised at all.....Keep Washington out of the Power Play and you beat them.....OVI has 25 of his 52 goals in the PP.....so you want to keep him 5 on 5......and with his reckless style of play, or as the Rangers Sthal said about him 'he skates around like an idiot out there', its just a matter of time before he hurts someone bad....

Very surprising to me. Still say Caps take the series.

Last edited:
Suban is one of my least favorite players.....he is a diver, a cheat (i.e. slew foot master) and pulls stuff like this....

I'm surprised he got tossed in Montreal usually they get just about every call in that building....infamous how refs call such a one sided game in their barn....

I think he gets suspended.....

Watch the video here:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...for-subban-suspension-after-lumberjack-slash/

I believe the thought is he won't be suspended. Who knows.

I would not be the least bit surprised......he should be suspended....but knowing the way the NHL player safety department does stuff and it is Montreal he will more than likely get a pass....

I believe the thought is he won't be suspended. Who knows.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back