• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2015 Recruiting Class

I'm not real familiar with the roster; as I said before, I don't really follow baseball anymore. However, of the half dozen games I saw, the Huskers HAVE to get production out of Boldt(God willing he doesn't go pro), Schleppenbach and Alvarado. Those guys are players. Fish can be serviceable, but I don't see him putting up those numbers over 50 games. I think the Wilkening kid can be a real impact player. Miller is only a sophomore, so there is still hope. He's got to lay off the budweiser (speculating) and hit the weight room. We need bombs in the middle of the lineup. It is puzzling that we don't have a big JUCO bat recruit. They may be expecting the Schreiber kid to be the solution. He has some solid numbers. In fact, looking at the stats, he appears to be superior to Miller in almost every way. Did he get hurt?

If Boldt goes in the draft, next years offense may make this years look like the '27 Yankees. He is the real deal. Now, he only hit one home run, so I don't expect him to be a high draft pick, so we may be safe.

I don't know why we didn't go after this guy: Anthony Miller, Johnson County Community College in the Jayhawk League. Hit .443. Led the league with 26 home runs. 2nd team all american. Committed to New Mexico State. Have to believe we can out recruit NMSU. He would have been perfect.

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2014-15/div1/players/anthonymillerrb45

EDIT: I forgot the draft was this week. I'd be surprised if anyone from the team is going to go early. Romero is gone, IMO. I think we keep everyone else.

The good news is, Boldt can't go pro yet, so we are safe there.

That JUCO guy would have been real nice to land, that's pretty frustrating.

Our pitching better be good next year, that's all we've been recruiting to, so that can't fail us next year. Losing Romero would hurt, but usually JUCO guys take off if they are drafted that high.

The good news is, Boldt can't go pro yet, so we are safe there.

That JUCO guy would have been real nice to land, that's pretty frustrating.

Our pitching better be good next year, that's all we've been recruiting to, so that can't fail us next year. Losing Romero would hurt, but usually JUCO guys take off if they are drafted that high.

Yep. For some reason I was thinking Boldt was in his third year in the program.

The JUCO guy bolsters my opinion on how much talent surrounds Lincoln. Johnson Community College is 200 miles away from Lincoln and they had the Miller kid that hit 26 home runs and another kid that hit 19 home runs. Neither are coming to Lincoln. In fact, the kid that hit 19 signed with freaking Campbell. Ben Calvano. Hit 19 homeruns, batted .413 and stole 15 bases.

Not crazy about this kid. I don't see the D1 talent. Maybe he will eat some innings, but that's all without some pretty remarkable improvement. Tips his off-speed. With his fastball, he stays on top longer while with his curveball his arm kind of comes around through the motion.

Impressive. Best catching prospect between '14 and '15 without a doubt; really tight, compact. Watch his hands, on his 5th swing in particular, how they stay inside so long. He can drive the ball to all fields. He will get some more power when he learns to cut the ball and finish higer.

After looking at the '16 class, I thought I'd bump this.

I was right about both:

Connolly hasn't seen the field this season.

Wilkening is doing awesome. Started 13 games, hitting .300 (15/50) 5 runs, 2 doubles, a home runs and 8 rbis. He strikes out more than you'd like (13) to 5 walks, but I don't really care about strikeouts. The type of out is generally irrelevant as an out is an out and at least k's aren't double plays.

He is also HOSING dudes, with only 6 stolen bases on 11 attempts. Nearly 50%. He does have 3 pb's in 13 games, though, which should get better as he gets more experience.

After looking at the '16 class, I thought I'd bump this.

I was right about both:

Connolly hasn't seen the field this season.

Wilkening is doing awesome. Started 13 games, hitting .300 (15/50) 5 runs, 2 doubles, a home runs and 8 rbis. He strikes out more than you'd like (13) to 5 walks, but I don't really care about strikeouts. The type of out is generally irrelevant as an out is an out and at least k's aren't double plays.

He is also HOSING dudes, with only 6 stolen bases on 11 attempts. Nearly 50%. He does have 3 pb's in 13 games, though, which should get better as he gets more experience.

Wilkening has been doing some good things!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back