• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2014 MLB season discussion thread

I love seeing Gordon do well and seeing KC relevant again. I've seen a lot of games down there. However I've been a Cardinal fan since Gibson and Brock back in the sixties. Still have to lean toward them and they have indeed been relevant lately. They traded Freese (world series MVP) in the off season for a once first rounder. Their young pitchers are nasty good. They still strive to up their roster and will again be tough in 2014.

Last edited:
I don't think the White Sox will be serious playoff contenders but I sure am hoping they don't have another 99 loss season like last year's team.

I'm fairly confident the White Sox will, to some degree, be better than last year. Unfortunately, Adam Dunn will still be around to hit 30 homers, strikeout 200 times and hit .200. They, most likely, will field better. There are some new faces, Jose Abreu, Matt Davidson and a centerfielder who's name I can't remember right now. I'm thinking they will finish a few games below .500. Not good, but an improvement over last year.

Last edited:
The St. Louis Cardinals should be very good. They have an abundance of strong, young pitchers. Depth at every position, except catcher. They are candidates to win 100 regular season games. In the playoffs, anything can happen.

If he is healthy i will be watching jeter and the yanks first week in houston, cant wait:)

Astros will fight to get out of last place:(

I can't say much about Houston's short term prospects, but they are loaded in the minors. Their minor league organization is rated #1. The same fellow who drafted most of the young talent the Cardinals have, is now the Houston GM. They have kicked butt in the past two drafts.

I'm fairly confident the White Sox will, to some degree, be better than last year. Unfortunately, Adam Dunn will still be around to hit 30 homers, strikeout 200 times and hit .200. They, most likely, will field better. There are some new faces, Jose Abreu, Matt Davidson and a centerfielder who's name I can't remember right now. I'm thinking they will finish a few games below .500. Not good, but an improvement over last year.

Thanks Izzy for the positive vibes on the White Sox.

Royals, 148-14 and will sweep their way through the playoffs and World Series.

Kidding, off to watch husker women on btn, gbr

Watched the whole game!! Wow, talk about kicking "you-know-what"!! I loved it!!

We don't like Penn St, and they don't like us. :cheers:

Gals, congrats on a solid game of unity! :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back