• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2013 Nebraska vs Northwestern

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Ok just got done watching this replay. I am so much more convinced of how important it is to surround the QB with great players. Yes tommy Armstrong won games be he was a terrible passer. But when you surround him with Quincy, Bell, Westercamp, and Cethan Carter along with Abdullah as the running back it makes a big difference. AM will most likely shine again with some type of great players around him.

Either way, it’s his last year behind center. That we know for sure. Again, if he is able to stay healthy and not get killed at OU, I consider that a success.

Either way, it’s his last year behind center. That we know for sure. Again, if he is able to stay healthy and not get killed at OU, I consider that a success.
How do you know it's his last year as our starting QB? He has another left and if he's making enough money from NIL (and no NFL) why not come back? Perhaps he's said publicly this is his last season but I haven't read it.

Last edited:

Unless he is going to be drafted or is simply ready to move on with his life, why WOULDN’T he play for one more year? A lot may depend on how things go this season with that revamped receiving corps, improvement in the O-line, and whether he stays healthy.

More questions than answers right now.

Last edited:
Ok just got done watching this replay. I am so much more convinced of how important it is to surround the QB with great players. Yes tommy Armstrong won games be he was a terrible passer. But when you surround him with Quincy, Bell, Westercamp, and Cethan Carter along with Abdullah as the running back it makes a big difference. AM will most likely shine again with some type of great players around him.
In addition to having better skill players, AM would benefit tremendously from decent pass protection. Part of why the guy makes so many mistakes is that he's running for his life back there. So, hopefully we'll see an improvement in that respect as well.

Last edited:
I was at that game. We got pushed around in the trenches all day and really the miracle was just a miracle. So surrounding TA with tons of talent really had no effect. Especially since he didn't orchestrate the final drive. Yes talent matters. No doubt about that. That team won 9 games. Our team last year would have pushed that team around. They struggled at the point of impact, had tackling problems and really were a penalty and turnover prone team.

Everyone watches our games and only sees the outcome. Our best player was probably 5 foot 7 last year. Had we had anyone who could have taken pressure off of AM we would have been easily a better than .500 team. This year we should have a highly improved line, much better receiving core, and a serviceable RB.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back