• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2013 MLB Season Discussion Thread

Astros currently on top of the Rangers in the first game of the season... well, Houston will fall back to reality in time. :)

Anyhow ... this thread is to talk about whatever you please all season long (okay, not just whatever you please, but MLB baseball).

If you wish to post predictions, have at it. If you just wish to chat as the season progresses, please do.

Personally, I LOVE professional baseball. Of course, rooting for the Phillies due to my 12 years living there... won't be easy with Washington and Atlanta to contend with. And my team growing up in Nebraska was the Royals. And since they are in separate leagues, I'll pull for both. Kansas City should be a ton of fun to watch in 2013.

I was pulling for the Phillies tonight but the Braves had a little too much firepower and got the win. As you mentioned in one of our fantasy drafts, Utley might have a heck of a year and he sure did start the season off right, 3 for 4 I think and a double short of the cycle. I kept waiting for Howard to hit a home run but no such luck, I think he will have a great year too.

Lots of good pitching yesterday. Guys like Strasburg, Kershaw, Verlander, Sale, Felix all living up to preseason hype. Curious if Opening Day is indicative of teh season we will see or just a early jump prior to hitters being able to adjust.

Lots of good pitching yesterday. Guys like Strasburg, Kershaw, Verlander, Sale, Felix all living up to preseason hype. Curious if Opening Day is indicative of teh season we will see or just a early jump prior to hitters being able to adjust.

I've seen this for three or four seasons now (not just opening day, not just 2013) .... MLB has become much more of a pitcher's league. Plenty of great, young dominant pitchers. It's probably at least somewhat due to the end of the rampant, widespread use of performance enhancing drugs. The guys you listed all have proven track records of being season-long studs. It's the era of baseball we're in now ... it's much more a pitchers' league. Gone are the days of Brady Anderson hitting in the teens for homers three seasons prior then all of a sudden 50 home runs. Gone are the days of 70+ homers in a season.

I was pulling for the Phillies tonight but the Braves had a little too much firepower and got the win. As you mentioned in one of our fantasy drafts, Utley might have a heck of a year and he sure did start the season off right, 3 for 4 I think and a double short of the cycle. I kept waiting for Howard to hit a home run but no such luck, I think he will have a great year too.

It was fantastic to see Utley playing like he did 3-4 years ago. But yes, a shame my Phillies lost. Really a shame to see Cole Hamels get pounded a bit. Though the Braves do have one of the best lineups in baseball. 161 games to go ... a lot can happen, a lot will change.

Dodgers took 1-0 lead in 1st inning. Giants come back with 2 in the 3rd. Series tied 1 each. Pitching has been excellent on both parts, Games 1 and 2.

Kung Fu Panda skyrockets a tomahawk to rt for a 2-run Homer!!

Giants up 4-1!!, still in 3rd inning! :banana:

Last edited:

Josh Beckett frustraed, walks Posey.

An outfield error allowed Sandoval to hit that rocket!! :)

1/2/3, Dodgers go down in the btm of the 3rd! Lincecum looks sharp, inheriting a 4-1 lead, after trailing 1-0 in the 1st. :clap:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back