• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2013 MLB Season Discussion Thread

I've died and gone to heaven.

You and me both brother. To make matters worse (or better, depending on one's point of view) their overpaid veterans are completely untradeable (name any team that would want arod at this point), so their only option is to go out and spend more on FA's.

They could maybe trade Cano for some prospects, but yankee pride won't allow for an all-star for future prospects move. I think they're going to have a hard time buying their way out of the hole they currently find themselves in.

Chris Davis is playing insane for the Orioles. A grand slam today and five rbi giving him 16 in four games with a homer each game. Dude is 9 for 15 (.600) with the four dingers and three doubles.

Okay White Sox, take care of business and avoid the sweep by Washington by getting a win tonight. Chicago is the only team in the majors that hasn't a game on the road this season. Of course they have only played 2 games on the road but still, they need to go ahead and stop that streak now.

Wieters hits a walk off grand salami in the 10th and the Orioles win their 17th straight extra inning game.

With their 4-3 win tonight over Toronto, the Orioles have now won 100 consecutive games when leading after 7 innings.

Wieters hits a walk off grand salami in the 10th and the Orioles win their 17th straight extra inning game.

John Feinstein, on cbs radio, was speaking of this, this morning. As he said, it is an unbelieveable accomplishment!!!

Kudoes to your Orioles, ThotDoc. :clap:

With their 4-3 win tonight over Toronto, the Orioles have now won 100 consecutive games when leading after 7 innings.

Wow, that is, also, an unbelieveable acccomplishent! More Kudoes, ThotDoc, for your Orioles! :bow:

Last edited:

John Feinstein, on cbs radio, was speaking of this, this morning. As he said, it is an unbelieveable accomplishment!!!

Kudoes to your Orioles, ThotDoc. :clap:

All good things must end..............eventually. Last night, Toronto beat the Orioles in 11 innings snapping the 17 game streak of wins in extra frames.

Here's a poser. Considering Toronto pitcher J. A. Happ's injury in Tampa last night, should a play be stopped immediately when a player is hit in the head by a ball?

I just thought it was ungentlemanly that the play continued, two runs scored, and the batter ended up at third, all while Happ was lying on the mound clutching his head. You could award the batter a single, advance any runners one base, and make sure the medical people don't have to wait for the play to finish.

A wild game in Minneapolis tonight as the Twins led the Orioles 6-0 through five, then the Orioles scored 6 the next two innings to tie it and they now are in the 10th as the game is nearly four hours long.

Last edited:

A wild game in Minneapolis tonight as the Twins led the Orioles 6-0 through five, then the Orioles scored 6 the next two innings to tie it and they now are in the 10th as the game is nearly four hours long.

Orioles win 9-6 in 10 innings as they garner 18 hits and 7 Orioles have a multihit game.

You and me both brother. To make matters worse (or better, depending on one's point of view) their overpaid veterans are completely untradeable (name any team that would want arod at this point), so their only option is to go out and spend more on FA's.

They could maybe trade Cano for some prospects, but yankee pride won't allow for an all-star for future prospects move. I think they're going to have a hard time buying their way out of the hole they currently find themselves in.

And, wouldn't you know, who has the best record, to date? Amazingly, the Yankees! Go figure! :lol:

Arod is over the hill, because he is not allowed to take steroids, anymore. :popcorn:

Here's a poser. Considering Toronto pitcher J. A. Happ's injury in Tampa last night, should a play be stopped immediately when a player is hit in the head by a ball?

I just thought it was ungentlemanly that the play continued, two runs scored, and the batter ended up at third, all while Happ was lying on the mound clutching his head. You could award the batter a single, advance any runners one base, and make sure the medical people don't have to wait for the play to finish.

I, surely, get your point. What do you do when someone is hit in the head, and they're writing on the ground? Sadly, one could fake this, so the play stops? I, for one, don't think that is plausible. If my team mate had that happen to him, I would go directly to him. I don't care what is going on; this is only a game, guys!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back