• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2012 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granvil311

Recruit
5 Year Member
Sincere apologies if this was in another thread, but I'm really curious about the 2012 schedule. Right now it looks like we'll have two bye weeks (9/22 and 10/13) and only three non-conference games. That can't be right. There must be some other team that we're trying to get to fill that other non-conference slot. Does anyone know anything about when we might hear when that final non-conference week will be filled?

Thanks!

Would expect to hear that it will be filled by a "directional school" in the next month or so.

Sincere apologies if this was in another thread, but I'm really curious about the 2012 schedule. Right now it looks like we'll have two bye weeks (9/22 and 10/13) and only three non-conference games. That can't be right. There must be some other team that we're trying to get to fill that other non-conference slot. Does anyone know anything about when we might hear when that final non-conference week will be filled?

Thanks!

You really don't post enough with that avatar. You are robbing a lot of us the opportunity to look at it.

You really don't post enough with that avatar. You are robbing a lot of us the opportunity to look at it.

I was really pleased with myself when I found that -- there's actually a video out there somewhere, too. It was on SI's Hot Clicks a few days ago.

Regarding the possible 2012 opponent, Iowa State has an opening that same week...:stirthepot:

ISU may have an opening, but they already have 12 games. We'll have to look elsewhere.

By the way, I agree with The Impaler regarding youir avatar. Very nice.

Ironically, Florida Atlantic has an opening.

I did a quick search of some recent FCS and mid-majors that we've played in recent years, and none of them are available. Specifically, teams like Wyoming, Fresno State, South Dakota State and Southern Miss have all played us tough.

And aside from the obvious "former foes" like Oklahoma or Kansas, I think future home-and-home series with Notre Dame, Pitt and USC would be cool. All three were quality opponents and gave NU some good games (both wins and losses).

Last edited:

A good friend of mine who works in the Sports Information arena told me that UNK (Not University of Northern Kentucky but University of Nebraska at Kearney) may be striking up a deal to play the Huskers next year or in the future so stay tuned!! :wow:

A good friend of mine who works in the Sports Information arena told me that UNK (Not University of Northern Kentucky but University of Nebraska at Kearney) may be striking up a deal to play the Huskers next year or in the future so stay tuned!! :wow:

Not a single chance in hell. UNK is DII. NU would never play DII and I don't even know if it's allowed for D1A to do so...but regardless it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back