• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2012 Husker Baseball - most anticipated season since 2006??

I am well aware of the schedule of the last 10 years. I guess my point is even one good weekend series does not make up for not having weekend series against Texas, A&M, Baylor, Okie State, and Oklahoma. And there is NO WAY we will get 15 non conference games against teams of the caliber. And on any given year there won't be one Big 10 team that ranks ahead of 3 of those 5 teams, or even of any of those five in some years.

I am well aware of the schedule of the last 10 years. I guess my point is even one good weekend series does not make up for not having weekend series against Texas, A&M, Baylor, Okie State, and Oklahoma. And there is NO WAY we will get 15 non conference games against teams of the caliber. And on any given year there won't be one Big 10 team that ranks ahead of 3 of those 5 teams, or even of any of those five in some years.

I'm not suggesting that one series will make up for that, but if you have that one series built in every year, it's a start for the conference as a whole and makes it that much easier for Nebraska to upgrade the schedule. All of those quality teams you mention have been pretty up and down over the last 5-10 years outside of Texas. The point is its not like they are all top 25 programs every year your trying to replace. Nebraska needs to have the non-con loaded up with top 50 type teams and I see no reason they cant do that. I guess time will tell, but if Nebraska can get a few top 25 teams on the schedule every year and then fill in with quality opponents behind that......then it will have an opportunity to make the tourney. Right now, Nebraska's strength of schedule is not projected to be that much worse than last years (preseason 83 to 40 last year). Obviously, it needs to improve, but I don't believe it is that impossible of a task....In fact I think it is much easier to do in baseball than in other sports.

I'm not suggesting that one series will make up for that, but if you have that one series built in every year, it's a start for the conference as a whole and makes it that much easier for Nebraska to upgrade the schedule. All of those quality teams you mention have been pretty up and down over the last 5-10 years outside of Texas. The point is its not like they are all top 25 programs every year your trying to replace. Nebraska needs to have the non-con loaded up with top 50 type teams and I see no reason they cant do that. I guess time will tell, but if Nebraska can get a few top 25 teams on the schedule every year and then fill in with quality opponents behind that......then it will have an opportunity to make the tourney. Right now, Nebraska's strength of schedule is not projected to be that much worse than last years (preseason 83 to 40 last year). Obviously, it needs to improve, but I don't believe it is that impossible of a task....In fact I think it is much easier to do in baseball than in other sports.
I agree with your theory. But I disagree on how easy it'll be. I just don't see multiple top 25 or top 50 teams coming a year. We'll have to change our philosophy and go play more of those on the road. It can be done and yes, more easily in baseball. I just think one or maybe two series is about all you can hope for.

I agree with your theory. But I disagree on how easy it'll be. I just don't see multiple top 25 or top 50 teams coming a year. We'll have to change our philosophy and go play more of those on the road. It can be done and yes, more easily in baseball. I just think one or maybe two series is about all you can hope for.

Fair enough.

I wonder with the B1G/Pac-12 agreement if those games will be played in the middle of conference season, so there will be better weather for the B1G schools that host those series. Since it's an agreement between two conferences, that would make sense to me. They don't have to play those series in March with the bulk of non-conference games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back