• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2012 B1G Baseball Tournament

With the round one loss, the Huskers would now have to win six straight games to win the tournament. Compare that with Purdue or Indiana who can take the title with just three wins in three games.

It would be more than just a miracle for the Huskers. Heck, when is the last time Nebraska even won six straight games (regardless of the opponents)? Not this season. I'm sure none of the current Huskers have experienced that while playing for Nebraska. And we flat-out aren't good enough to pull that off.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yCFB2akLh4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

I didn't think there was a chance yesterday to come back from 8 down but It almost happened. Odds are stacked against us but why not.

Indiana has a bottom 8th rally going, scoring 4 and taking the lead 6-4

Last edited:

Indiana just seems like a mediocre team to me at a barely .500 record that just manages to keep getting it done. Good for them.

Now Indiana up 6-4 with a 4 run 8th. In a strange way, we may be better off in Indiana holds on because otherwise we would play them tomorrow in what would be our 4th game of the tourney and it would only be Indiana's 2nd game. With MSU, it will at least be their 3rd game.

Go Choo Choo Trains! Bust some Nuts tonight!

I would much rather face OSU tomorrow and a rematch with MSU after we win the OSU game, than have the MSU rematch early, win that and then have to play PU.

Better to play seed #6 & #5 than #5 & #1.

Last edited:
Go Choo Choo Trains! Bust some Nuts tonight!

I would much rather face OSU tomorrow and a rematch with MSU after we win the OSU game, than have the MSU rematch early, win that and then have to play PU.

Better to play seed #6 & #5 than #5 & #1.

I would just like to see the PU-OSU game go about 20 innings.

Huskers play lower seed of late game losers, right? If Purdue wins, Huskers get tOSU and an tOSU upset means MichSt.

...and then they have to play the other loser for the right to play the loser of PU/OSU vs Indiana game?

Have I already commented on how much this tourney format BLOWS?

Huskers play lower seed of late game losers, right? If Purdue wins, Huskers get tOSU and an tOSU upset means MichSt.

...and then they have to play the other loser for the right to play the loser of PU/OSU vs Indiana game?

True that. To win out the Huskers would play 7 games and have to win 6 in a row. To even out the innings, we have to hope that some of these games go at least 20 innings.

The advantage of having a bye and then winning two games is incredible. You can finish the tournament in 3 games total.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back