• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2012 B1G Baseball Tournament

ThotDoc

Tom Osborne
10 Year Member
Tournament action gets underway on Wednesday at 12:05 p.m. ET as Nebraska faces Michigan State. Game 2 will begin at approximately 3:35 p.m. ET and will feature Penn State and Ohio State. Purdue and Indiana will begin play on Thursday and will face the winners of Wednesday's games. All games will be broadcast live on BTN.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/051912aaa.html

The complete bracket can be found here
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...1-12/misc_non_event/baseball_bracket_2012.pdf

I'm kinda rooting for OSU to beat PSU as a win by the Huskers would put us in a 2nd round game against Indiana. I'd like to see us get a bit of revenge against the Hoosiers before a potential matchup with Purdue. It would also make the comeback easier in the loss column should we get beat by the Boilermakers.

This bracket is further proof that the B1G needs to completely renovate their approach to college baseball. Eight teams. Double-elimination bracket. This is not difficult.

I agree Mort. I understand that the benefit to winning the regular season is getting a bye, but teams 2-6 were in a pack all season and I'm not thinking that Indiana was deserving of a bye. Eight teams seems more fair to pitching staffs and with the 1-8 and 2-7 games, they may be a bit like a bye, anyway.

this is gonna be a tough tourney for anyone who loses their first game. the consolation bracket is a tough one to navigate.

I like our chances Wed.. and beyond if we can get some pitching. Bats are good enough to win most games.

Let's see if Erstad can catch lightning in a bottle a la van Horn, when the Big Red OWNED the Big XII tournament.

Last edited:

DON'T LOSE that FIRST GAME. As already noted, the losers bracket is a killer. This tourney format is jacked.

All that has to happen is, Darin has to know when to change pitchers! Our bats can carry us, as long as we don't let the pitching put us in a hole.

From this moment on, it is up to Darin to be "smart", period.!!

Unless I have to go to Idaho Falls on an emergency delivery, I WILL be here!! :) :banana:

GO BIG RED!!!

ROCK THE WORLD!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

This from Boyd Nation on Rivals.

"The Big 10 has been weird this year; I think there are three or four teams there that might pull an at large if they lost to Purdue in the finals"

:koolaid::popcorn:

With the round one loss, the Huskers would now have to win six straight games to win the tournament. Compare that with Purdue or Indiana who can take the title with just three wins in three games.

With the round one loss, the Huskers would now have to win six straight games to win the tournament. Compare that with Purdue or Indiana who can take the title with just three wins in three games.

It would be more than just a miracle for the Huskers. Heck, when is the last time Nebraska even won six straight games (regardless of the opponents)? Not this season. I'm sure none of the current Huskers have experienced that while playing for Nebraska. And we flat-out aren't good enough to pull that off.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back