• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2011 HM Awards: Post of the year

2011 Post of the year (you can pick more then one)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskermedic

Retired
Lifetime Member
2011 HM Awards: Post of the year:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan_bin_laden_69Can't say I'm surprised. Dude...Our guys waltzed right into your country, shot it up for 40 minutes, crashed a copter, blew IT up, looted a house and got out of the country without your "security forces" even batting an eye. I wouldn't be bragging about the competence of said forces nor would I be threatening "distastrous consequences". I understand they are a Nuke power but I'm putting the odds at under 50% that they could successfully launch an inflatable raft much less a nuclear missile.Might wanna just shut your pie hole Mr. Brashir and figure out what Pakistan wants to do about it's little image problem.
Huskrthill is the nomination
When was your "light-bulb" moment? :Biggrin: :eek: :Biggrin: :eek: :Biggrin: :eek: :Biggrin:
About 4 weeks ago. Turns out I'm a man. Like Mike Gundy, but not quite 40 yet.

Care to share the facts and figures you base that on or is that just your opinion?

Last week, while losing at NCAA 2012, Martinez threw his controller at the tv in frustration. He now has a hole in his microwave.

It's really hard to have these discussions with you without getting vacationed.

That said...Doc Sadler. Only a simpleton couldn't see HE'S not cut out for the job. So let's not talk like you have some sort of stranglehold on who is and who is not a coach "heading in the right direction".

Solich should not have been fired after 2003. That does not mean that he was absolutely on the right track. Fact is we will never know. What's happened SINCE? Obviously Callahan sucked. His suckitude still does NOT mean that Solich was going to get Nebraska back to where people think it should be. NU is where it is now. None of that other crap really means squat now. Those of you fearing that there is some groundswell to get rid of Bo are simply just paranoid or, more likely, diverting attention away from criticisms of him (there are legit criticisms) by flaming this "OH MY GOD!!! YOU WANNA FIRE HIM????" bullcrap.

It's like your keyboard is farting all over the Internet.

I will take 5 more years of 9-10 wins a year if it guarantees we don't drop below that. It would mean we'll have a 11-more season within a decade. With our population base and built-in recruiting challenges, we have to have both our offense and defensive talent cycles coincide. We had great defense last year, but our offense has been down for two years. (How much better is our record if we put the 2010 defense with the 2011 offense?) Add in a complete staff shuffle on both sides of the ball, new conference...it would have been easy to lose ground this year.

9-10 with no major problems is the standard. That standard is being met and exceeded on the academic side. There shouldn't even be a discussion going on that includes the word "fire". Suggesting repeating the biggest mistake in modern NU history in less than 10 years is beyond insanity.

Last edited:
Nominee

bilsker said:
It's really hard to have these discussions with you without getting vacationed.

That said...Doc Sadler. Only a simpleton couldn't see HE'S not cut out for the job. So let's not talk like you have some sort of stranglehold on who is and who is not a coach "heading in the right direction".

Solich should not have been fired after 2003. That does not mean that he was absolutely on the right track. Fact is we will never know. What's happened SINCE? Obviously Callahan sucked. His suckitude still does NOT mean that Solich was going to get Nebraska back to where people think it should be. NU is where it is now. None of that other crap really means squat now. Those of you fearing that there is some groundswell to get rid of Bo are simply just paranoid or, more likely, diverting attention away from criticisms of him (there are legit criticisms) by flaming this "OH MY GOD!!! YOU WANNA FIRE HIM????" bullcrap.

Last edited:

Crap, I wanted to vote for Thill's post too.

Hey, I'm on here twice! LOL

Sorry, I couldn't help but vote for myself on this one. Farts are funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back