• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2011 AL Central Thread

Royals back to their old ways on the road as they get hammered in Texas 10-1 in a game they were down 6-0 after 3 innings.

Although later than usual, the Royals are settling into their usual position of sucky team. Now 9 games under .500.

I haven't had much to cheer about this major league baseball season as the White Sox have been floundering around near last place for most of the time. They have however improved lately and are now only 4 1/2 games out of 1st place in the Central after a very rough 2 months. One incredible stat that is really hard to believe is that the White Sox have won 17, yes 17 straight interleague series after beating the Cubs tonight to take 2 of 3 from them. I knew they had one of the best interleague records since MLB went to playing the games but I certainly wasn't aware of this stat. Way to go White Sox, keep up the good baseball.

Last edited:
Well, the Royals are now entrenched in last place in the central, 16 games under .500 and things are looking really bleak again. They are sitting in the hospital bed lifeless with a weak heartbeat and little chance for a recovery. Do I pull the plug now and save myself the anxious moments of a three game winning streak only to inevitably be crushed by losing 6 of 7 soon after? Do I throw all of my attention towards the Rockies who have also been a major disappointment this season but still have time to get things together? I contemplate this question as the two teams battle it out in the last inter-league series of the season for both. Game one went to the Rockies 9-0. I think that alone might be giving me my answer.

I really like this team. With a little experience and some patience by management, they might be able to do something in the near future. Pitching needs to come around.

The White Sox take 2 of 3 from the Royals and now are back to playing .500 ball for the moment. As bad as they started the season, they now find themselves just 4 games back of the Tigers with still plenty of baseball to be played. Come on Chicago, get on a big winning streak and win the Central.

one of the worst divisions ever. really makes the twins and royals look pathetic... and the rest of the teams very mediocre.

don't even get me started on the twins. yes, they've had significant injury struggles to overcome this season, but that's no excuse for the rancid roster decisions they made between last season and this. nishioka is probably the least mlb-ready player I've ever seen, I think he has more errors than hits. Twins are a train wreck, and as much as I love them, I don't see it getting better soon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back