• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2011 AL Central Thread

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Standings:

Cleveland 8-4
Kansas City 8-4
Chicago 7-5 1 GB
Detroit 6-7 2.5 GB
Minnesota 4-8 4 GB

(Updated 4/13)

Last edited:

I did see the ESPN guys said that around 2013-2014 the Royals would be stacked and poised for a Rays like run....before they outprice themselves

I did see the ESPN guys said that around 2013-2014 the Royals would be stacked and poised for a Rays like run....before they outprice themselves

they are absolutely loaded with young, stud pitchers in the minors. just about every source has their farm system ranked #1 in the majors. but yes, unless they shell out the dough, the Royals time in the sun will be limited at best.

The Royals have talent deluxe. Did you read the article in the World Herald about the Storm Chasers roster? what they've accomplished the past few years is awesome. It will show up as wins on the field about the time frame you mentioned.

they are absolutely loaded with young, stud pitchers in the minors. just about every source has their farm system ranked #1 in the majors. but yes, unless they shell out the dough, the Royals time in the sun will be limited at best.

The Royals have talent deluxe. Did you read the article in the World Herald about the Storm Chasers roster? what they've accomplished the past few years is awesome. It will show up as wins on the field about the time frame you mentioned.

I was told CNNSI had an article saying something very similar to this, but I never looked it up.

I don't think there are any solid Royals fans that will deny the talent we have in our younger guys. We just kind of figure they'll be traded away before anything great comes of it.

(4/1) Today, the ChiSox were beating the hell out of the Indians early. Had an eight run fourth, and were up 14-0 heading into the fifth. Then Cleveland turned on the production in the second half of the game, ended up losing by five runs. 15-10.

Royals are tied 1-1 in the top of the fifth with the Angels.

AG is 1-2. Had a single into center field, and a groundnut to first.

Edit To Add:

Royals still tied 1-1 in the bottom of the seventh.

AG had a leadoff double in the bottom of the sixth.

Adding Again:

Royals heading to the bottom of the ninth at 1-1.

Finally:

KILA Ka'aihue gets the walk off to win 2-1!

AG finished 2-4, with one run, one RBI, and no strikeouts.

Last edited:

I was told CNNSI had an article saying something very similar to this, but I never looked it up.

I don't think there are any solid Royals fans that will deny the talent we have in our younger guys. We just kind of figure they'll be traded away before anything great comes of it.

That would be a shame if they trade away most of that talent, hopefully some common sense takes over and management hangs on to a good bit of that young talent.

Last edited:
That would be a shame if they trade away most of that talent, hopefully some common sense takes over and management hangs on to a good bit of that young talent.

ever since kauffman left the team and passed away, that's been the royals' way.... they don't have deep pockets. some of the smaller market teams are willing to spend... KC isn't one of them anymore... they used to... but no longer. the royals have the smallest payroll in mlb now... minnesota is actually 9th (small market team willing to spend).

ever since kauffman left the team and passed away, that's been the royals' way.... they don't have deep pockets. some of the smaller market teams are willing to spend... KC isn't one of them anymore... they used to... but no longer. the royals have the smallest payroll in mlb now... minnesota is actually 9th (small market team willing to spend).

Exactly. I believe there are three $100M payrolls in the AL Central... And the Royals are dead last in the league.

Ugh. Frustrating.

The Kane County Cougars are about 20 minutes from my house. The Cougars are now the Single A affiliate of the Royals in the Midwest League. There was a "meet the Royals" event during the Winter, my neighbor and I went to it. A couple of the Royals brass were there who spoke. They admit they can't afford their players once they become stars. Their plan is to keep recruiting talent and developing that talent. I'm not sure what that means to the parent club, long term, but it makes for some fun for us Minor League fanatics who love watching up and coming players. I'm looking forward to the Minor League season and watching some Cougar baseball. Kane County is a great venue for baseball.

(4/3) Today's AL Central Games: Updated at 5:03

ChiSox 1
Indians 7
Final

Angels 9
Royals 12
FINAL / 13

Tigers 10
Yankees 7
FINAL

Twins 4
Blue Jays 3