• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2011 AL Central Thread

Had a great time at the Orioles-Royals game tonight with Husker Weatherman. The game wasn't so good for Royals fans as the rather anemic Orioles offense erupted for 8 runs in the 4th and coasted to a 9-2 win. Alex Gordon had a double to go along with three Ks.

Had a great time at the Orioles-Royals game tonight with Husker Weatherman. The game wasn't so good for Royals fans as the rather anemic Orioles offense erupted for 8 runs in the 4th and coasted to a 9-2 win. Alex Gordon had a double to go along with three Ks.

Very cool!

Hochevar is our number one, but DEFINES 'hot and cold.' He's either killing it, or can't find the damn strike zone. NEVER in between the two. That fourth was awful.

Very cool!

Hochevar is our number one, but DEFINES 'hot and cold.' He's either killing it, or can't find the damn strike zone. NEVER in between the two. That fourth was awful.

We need Chen to come back. He was throwing decent before going on the DL.

Very cool!

It was amazing that they left him in, but he pitched 3 more scoreless innings. Only gave up runs in one inning but it was a doozy. But he really wasn't hit that hard as there was one seeing eye ground ball after another.

It was amazing that they left him in, but he pitched 3 more scoreless innings. Only gave up runs in one inning but it was a doozy. But he really wasn't hit that hard as there was one seeing eye ground ball after another.

Plain and simple: Luke is awful from the stretch.

it was a bit of a snoozer as a royals fan. :Biggrin: but the weather was great... as was the company.

it was crazy when we were talking about the length of games... and sure enough, i'm listening to the phillies game on the radio on the drive back home... was in the 14th inning when i arrived in my driveway... then i couldn't help but watch on tv... went a full 19 innings.. 6 hours, 11 minutes... and phillies won! now, i'm a bit tired! :Biggrin:

thot probably didn't realize i could be fairly normal in person... heheh... now back to my internet personality... :p

Last edited:
O's - Royals wrapup game

In the bottom of the 11th and the game tied at 11, the O's had the bases loaded with no outs and a dribbler force at the plate and a DP later and the Royals get out of it. Now in the 12th. In the 11th, Nolan Reimhold (who is 4 for 4 with 2 homers and a double and 4 rbi) and with a man on 1st hit one in the gap that would have won the game for the O's but it bounced the fence over for a ground rule double.

Last edited:

Royals give up a run in the 12th to lose 6-5 and get swept as the O's win their 5th in a row.

Royals fall to 5-14 on the road. Ugh!!

Last edited:
Gonna be some tired arms on the Royals pitching staff as yesterday's game with the O's went 12 innings and it's in the 12th again tonight. Working on 3 games in 2 days.

Royals up 9-7 in the top of the 14th.

Not sure what made me think the game was over as I had the gamecast on from Royals.com.

Royals up 9-7 in the top of the 14th.

Not sure what made me think the game was over as I had the gamecast on from Royals.com.

BOOM! 12-7.

PS - With the 13th inning in tonight's game, the Royals have played 27 extra innings this season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back