• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2010 and 2011 accomplishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
2010 and 2011 mark the first seasons 2003 where we didn’t have back-to-back regular season losses.

It’s also the first time since the 2000-2001 seasons that we had consecutive seasons without back-to-back regular season losses.

Back-to-back regular season losses only happened four times during the Devaney-Osborne-Solich era. (1967, 1968, 1976, 2003). It happened every year under Callahan, and in each of Bo's first two seasons.

I hope we're back on track.

Last edited:

Good research Thill! Gotta like the way that's trending, and Lord knows I love trends. Come to think of it, you wouldn't know anyone who'd like to buy some Hula Hoops, Mood Rings or Pet Rocks by chance, would ya? :Biggrin:

Last edited:
2010 and 2011 mark the first seasons 2003 where we didn’t have back-to-back regular season losses.

It’s also the first time since the 2000-2001 seasons that we had consecutive seasons without back-to-back regular season losses.

Back-to-back regular season losses only happened four times during the Devaney-Osborne-Solich era. (1967, 1968, 1976, 2003). It happened every year under Callahan, and in each of Bo's first two seasons.

I hope we're back on track.

Pretty sure that this year we won 4 coin flips in a row...I think Solich did it 3 times, TO did it 12 times, BD did it 6 times and Callahan NEVER did it! But I could be wrong.

Pretty sure that this year we won 4 coin flips in a row...I think Solich did it 3 times, TO did it 12 times, BD did it 6 times and Callahan NEVER did it! But I could be wrong.

Thanks for your nonsense. Actual facts just destroy your argument that Bo is a bad coach. That's ok... there's still room for you on the bandwagon.

Thanks for your nonsense. Actual facts just destroy your argument that Bo is a bad coach. That's ok... there's still room for you on the bandwagon.

Yeah GFOL...stay positive. Like, did you know that Bo hasn't lost a BCS game yet as a head coach.

Plus we beat Iowa by more than Iowa St did so that makes us better than ISU...and ISU beat Oklahoma State who's #3 in the country and Okie State beat both Texas and Oklahoma......so we got that going for us :Biggrin:

Nothing has changed since season end...no matter how many silly trivia questions you invent. Here's what really matters:

Top 10 finishes=0
Conf Championships=0
National Championships=0
BCS bowl games=0
Undefeated, 1 loss or 2 loss seasons=0
3-loss seasons=1 possibly...but not likely
Seasons without an embarrassing defeat=0
Seasons with only one embarrassing defeat=0 (2008=Missouri & Oklahoma, 2009=Texas Tech & Iowa State, 2010=Texas & Washington, 2011=Wisconsin & Northwestern & Michigan)

I won't bother to discuss the embarrassing sideline antics or press conferences or even the propensity to make excuses or blame players for losses...because overall those aren't quite as important.

PS--I've never said that Bo is a bad coach...he's just not good enough.

Last edited:

Nothing has changed since season end...no matter how many silly trivia questions you invent. Here's what really matters:

Top 10 finishes=0
Conf Championships=0
National Championships=0
BCS bowl games=0
Undefeated, 1 loss or 2 loss seasons=0
3-loss seasons=1 possibly...but not likely
Seasons without an embarrassing defeat=0
Seasons with only one embarrassing defeat=0 (2008=Missouri & Oklahoma, 2009=Texas Tech & Iowa State, 2010=Texas & Washington, 2011=Wisconsin & Northwestern & Michigan)

I won't bother to discuss the embarrassing sideline antics or press conferences or even the propensity to make excuses or blame players for losses...because overall those aren't quite as important.

PS--I've never said that Bo is a bad coach...he's just not good enough.

Have you had your memory checked? Do you remember what things were like before Bo showed up? This was a rebuild, not a reload.

Do you really think it makes sense to fire another 9-3 coach? What sort of quality do you think we'd attract at that point?

Do you really think it makes sense to fire another 9-3 coach? What sort of quality do you think we'd attract at that point?

I'm willing to guess that it would be about the same quality we attracted the last time we fired a 9-3 coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back