• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 quick and easy casseroles

OldHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Both of these can go with many different main dishes from steaks to meatloaf. Great to take to pot luck dinners.

Easy corn casserole

1 can undrained sweet corn
1 can cream style corn
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
2 eggs (beaten)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 can mushrooms(dice them well)
1 stick Real butter(melted)
2 cups shredded cheese(I use kraft mexican style finely shredded cheese) use your favorite shredded cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

preheat oven to 350 degrees

In large bowl add the eggs and beat them, then add undrained corn, creamstyle corn, chopped onion, diced mushrooms, Jiffy mix and melted butter. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.

Poor into 13x9 baking dish and and add cheese over the top, bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is lightly brown.

Green bean Casserole

3 cans french style green beans
1 cup sour cream
1 medium onion
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 cups finely shredded ( I use kraft shredded 5 cheese italian) use your favorite shredded cheese

preheat oven to 350 degrees

In Large 13" frying pan melt butter and add flour to make a roux. stir in onions, sour cream, salt, sugar and add green beans, stir to coat. Transfer to 2 1/2 qt casserole dish. Add cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly brown.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back