• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#2 Quarterback

Who is the number 2 Quarterback if AM goes down during the non-conference games?

• Andrew Bunch

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Noah Vedral

Votes: 61 66.3%
  • Luke Mccaffrey

Votes: 28 30.4%

• Total voters
I voted LM. It depends on mhat happened to cause AM "goes down .:
If a bad knee or back or fracture etc (season ending deal)... LM. If a tweak NV. It was out of conference (September). I think you could play both and have a competition of sorts, but I believe that Luke has a much bigger upside.

I would definitely say Vedral. He has 3 seasons under Frost's system via UCF and transferring. From the few flashes I saw last year, the kid has a lot of heart and seems to be the more viable option at the #2 spot, especially with McCaffrey being so young.

I would definitely say Vedral. He has 3 seasons under Frost's system via UCF and transferring. From the few flashes I saw last year, the kid has a lot of heart and seems to be the more viable option at the #2 spot, especially with McCaffrey being so young.

Same here. Husker fans haven’t seen a prepared Vedral. Kids a talented point guard in BB and brings that playmaker mentality to FB. I’d sure like to see him get some meaningful snaps this year, but I don’t want to see them because of an AM injury.

I guess it depends on whether you think we need him more now or in 2023. We have an even higher rated QB than Luke coming in 2020 and who knows regarding 2021 and 2022. Not sure if I'm a firm believer in saving a QB. But then again.......I'm not Scott Frost.

Fair point.

I suppose I mostly prefer Vedral as he's quite experienced in Frost's offense. And capable. Maybe not superstar capable, but he's much less likely to screw the pooch than any other backup.

Also, it took me 20 years on HuskerMax to say, "screw the pooch."

Fair point.

I suppose I mostly prefer Vedral as he's quite experienced in Frost's offense. And capable. Maybe not superstar capable, but he's much less likely to screw the pooch than any other backup.

Also, it took me 20 years on HuskerMax to say, "screw the pooch."
Good point...but, not saying that for 20 years is something that you only have yourself to blame.

no idea. would like to see all three getting game time the first 3 games and then decide.

I think it will be LM he’s just making too much noise! Either way you go you end up with only one year separating scholarship quarterbacks. If smothers is as good as advertised he won’t wait three years to play. AM will be gone to the NFL after next season. I really don’t expect Vederal to ever play unless something horrible happens.

Last edited:

no idea. would like to see all three getting game time the first 3 games and then decide.
I agree with this. Not sure I like the notion that you save his 4 games for later in the season. Of course that is dependent on who actually earns the number 2 spot.

Vedral certainly has a couple of years more in the SF system and yet...…..reports are that McCaffrey is already close to caught up. Of course those are just reports.

Last edited:

Frost has always been very complimentary of Vedral. It'll be Vedral this year unless he struggles and Frost no longer believes he can rely on him.

GET TICKETS

Back