• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 more players leaving...

So Hoiberg has told 3 players to hit the road...hope he big time talent coming in.
Hope he does. I feel kind of bad for Amir, he always tried hard. Amir is a good defensive player, and I think he could be a point guard. He kind of got screwed out of a RS year because of Miles, too.

Wonder what the coaches see in Thorir that isn't there in Amir. And I hope that Davis, Heiman and Amir are eligible immediately, even though Heiman could use a RS year. Will try to keep up with them.

I further wonder if Ed Morrow, Jr. graduated this spring and could transfer to Nebraska for his senior year just to make things as crazy as possible.

Hope we have enough players to field a team this year. You would think the mayor has some immediately eligible players ready to come here

That's 15 players that have left the program from the three enrolled classes over their time in college with a potential 16th in Roby. That includes several walk-ons, but still crazy. Burke and Thorbjarnarson are the only ones left, and Thor is the only one with playing time at Nebraska.

[ EDITED ]
Adds:
3 freshmen: Akol Arop, Charlie Easley^, Jace Piatkowski^
2 sophomores: Dalano Blanton*, Cam Mack
1 junior: Jervay Green
2 seniors: Haanif Cheatham, Matej Kavas
* Must sit out
^ Walk-on

That would give 9 eligible players for next year, two of them freshman walk-ons. This is the uncomfortable part before the pay-off, right?

Last edited:
Hope he does. I feel kind of bad for Amir, he always tried hard. Amir is a good defensive player, and I think he could be a point guard. He kind of got screwed out of a RS year because of Miles, too.

Wonder what the coaches see in Thorir that isn't there in Amir. And I hope that Davis, Heiman and Amir are eligible immediately, even though Heiman could use a RS year. Will try to keep up with them.

I further wonder if Ed Morrow, Jr. graduated this spring and could transfer to Nebraska for his senior year just to make things as crazy as possible.

Basically i think FH sees that Thor may be able to shoot it a little bit and Harris couldn't. I have been saying all along that Harris didn't fit what was wanted. This only emphasizes that FH and TM were looking for completely different players. As for the bolded, that is about 4-5 players you felt could play PG.....i'm curious, did you ever play PG? Because none of those that you mentioned had even a small shadow of true PG in them. Not trying to be nasty, but curious.

Basically i think FH sees that Thor may be able to shoot it a little bit and Harris couldn't. I have been saying all along that Harris didn't fit what was wanted. This only emphasizes that FH and TM were looking for completely different players. As for the bolded, that is about 4-5 players you felt could play PG.....i'm curious, did you ever play PG? Because none of those that you mentioned had even a small shadow of true PG in them. Not trying to be nasty, but curious.
I never played PG well. I think maybe I'm using the term too loosely for your liking, which I understand. I should be saying "bring the ball up consistently" perhaps. I thought that Amir was a defensive PG, but I don't know if he would have made better passes with experience. Thor sees the floor and makes good passes to players in places to score, but doesn't look like he is quick enough to defend a PG. Roby can handle the ball well enough to bring it up against most pressures, sees over the defense but doesn't jump on the shot or pass. I was hoping that Thomas Allen would play point well enough to be a backup, and I think he did that at times. The only true point guard on the team was Watson, and I think he was more comfortable as a SG than a PG. It was a glaring need, I perhaps was looking for possibilities. Good enough?

Last edited:

I never played PG well. I think maybe I'm using the term too loosely for your liking, which I understand. I should be saying "bring the ball up consistently" perhaps. I thought that Amir was a defensive PG, but I don't know if he would have made better passes with experience. Thor sees the floor and makes good passes to players in places to score, but doesn't look like he is quick enough to defend a PG. Roby can handle the ball well enough to bring it up against most pressures, sees over the defense but doesn't jump on the shot or pass. I was hoping that Thomas Allen would play point well enough to be a backup, and I think he did that at times. The only true point guard on the team was Watson, and I think he was more comfortable as a SG than a PG. It was a glaring need, I perhaps was looking for possibilities. Good enough?
I hope defense isn't completely ignored with the new regime.

He has to have something to work with. I thought Amir showed some defensive potential and also the ability to create on offense...mostly for others.
When all is said and done with this roster flip, we will see how this turns out, but Hoiberg knows you can't ignore the D.

I thought the OWH identified Cam Mack as having 3 years to play, hence an incoming sophomore ?
Mack does have three seasons of eligibility. Here's a 247Sports article link where that is mentioned.
Nebraska basketball added another big piece to its roster for next season on Saturday evening as Salt Lake City CC point guard Cameron Mack committed to Nebraska and head coach Fred Hoiberg.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Mack was previously recruited by Husker assistant Matt Abdelmassih while at St. John’s, and signed a letter of intent with the program before re-opening his recruitment in April when the coaching staff there turned over. Mack averaged 19.1 points, 7.4 assists and 5.6 rebounds per game as a redshirt freshman, shooting 45.6 percent from the field and 33.7 percent from 3-point range last season.

Mack will be immediately eligible and will have three seasons of eligibility in Lincoln.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back