• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

1994 Husker highlight reel

Looks like a team with some attitude, confidence, and identity. Those are the main missing ingredient's now.

Last edited:

See the difference in running the football, speed to penetrate through the defensive levels. The only wiggle is to prevent leverage from defenders tackling them... much different than the stop and go crap of teams in the 2000+ era. Actually using speed, power, and finesse all at the same time.

See the difference in running the football, speed to penetrate through the defensive levels. The only wiggle is to prevent leverage from defenders tackling them... much different than the stop and go crap of teams in the 2000+ era. Actually using speed, power, and finesse all at the same time.
Do not agree with you often. This however is something that has bothered me. I am a big believer in make 1 cut and go.

That team also had a Head Coach that was an offensive genius. :thumbsup:
Indeed so. It went much deeper than that though. Mostly, they had attitude, a will to win....losing wasn't an option. That's been missing mostly, through several head coaches. It's to hoo hummm at times. Get that changed and good things will happen.

Last edited:

Man . . . I miss the days when we were nasty, physical and fast from top to bottom.

I've pointed it out before that it has really bothered me over the last few years when we'd be trailing in a game and I'd see team leaders on offense sitting up on the backs of the bench and yucking it up while the defense was on the field struggling.

Many of the players on this team over the last few years have experienced losing, and often losing big in big games. It seemed to get to the point that losing didn't hurt enough anymore. That is a huge mental obstacle to overcome, but it can't just come from the coaching staff. The players have to get to the point where they have had enough and aren't going to accept anything less that 100% out of each other. I feel we are nearing that point.

Last edited:
Nice highlight reel, but the background music in the first half of the vid stirs up bad memories for some odd reason...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back