• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#13 UW @ #2 NU 7:00pm

Very soft mentally and I don't understand why. Mis-communication or No-communication, again don't understand why.
Set the OH, set the OH, set the OH..........do you see the pattern? Too predictable which allowed wi to load up with a good double block. Finally, why or why are hitters dumping the ball against a good team that is in system??? I'm disappointed but expect there will be numerous "teaching moments" for Cook and staff to adress.

NU hasnt been swept since 2016, and not been swept at home since 2104.
Are you seeing into the future? 2104? None of us will be around to dispute this. ;)

Seriously, sad night for the Huskers. It is still early; Cook will right the ship; hang on. :)

The second-ranked Nebraska volleyball team fell 3-0 (22-25, 21-25, 22-25) to No. 13 Wisconsin on Saturday night in front of a crowd of 8,393 at the Devaney Center.

The Huskers (11-2, 3-1 Big Ten) lost for the first time in conference play despite hitting .336 against the Badgers (8-4, 4-0 Big Ten). Wisconsin was even more efficient, hitting .376 and out-serving the Huskers with a 3-0 advantage in aces and three fewer service errors.

Nebraska fell for the first time in John Cook's tenure at Nebraska when hitting .300 or better in a match. The Badgers' .376 hitting percentage was the best by a Husker opponent since 2011 (Purdue, .410). Offensively, Nebraska's .336 performance was its third-best outing of the season and was also the second-best hitting percentage by a Wisconsin opponent this season.

Lexi Sun had 15 kills for NU, and Jazz Sweet had 13 kills with a .524 hitting percentage and a team-best three blocks. Lauren Stivrins had nine kills on .727 hitting, and Madi Kubik added nine kills and 10 digs while hitting a career best for the second straight match (.364).

Nicklin Hames had 42 assists, and Kenzie Knuckles had 10 digs to lead the Big Red.

Wisconsin (8-4, 4-0 Big Ten) had three players with double-digit kills, and all three hit better than .390. Molly Haggerty had 11 kills, and Dana Rettke and Danielle Hart each had 10 kills.

Although the Huskers were swept at home for the first time since 2014, they had chances in all three sets as they led 21-20 in set one, led 16-14 in set two and led 20-19 in set three. But the Badgers played cleaner down the stretch in all three sets. The match featured 11 lead changes and 34 tie scores.

The Huskers are back at home next weekend for a pair of matches. The Big Red hosts Michigan State next Friday at 8 p.m., and Michigan on Sunday at 1 p.m. Friday's match will be televised on BTN, and Sunday's match will be televised on ESPN2. Husker Sports Network will broadcast all the action on HSN radio affiliates, Huskers.com and the Huskers app.

TFrazier - cute comment but totally unrealistic. The VB ladies would stomp hard on Vedral. Their training, conditioning and skill levels would leave Vedral wondering "what hit him".

TFrazier - cute comment but totally unrealistic. The VB ladies would stomp hard on Vedral. Their training, conditioning and skill levels would leave Vedral wondering "what hit him".

Cute response regarding my sarcastic comment. :)

I have followed and seen plenty of Husker matches in the Devaney Center over the years so I understand he might be way over his head athletically playing with the Lady Huskers. :thumbsup:

Husker Nation is so infatuated with Vedral these days...he might even solve global warming before his career is over.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back