• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

111 freshmen and only 30 upper classmen

Then why are you wondering about what I'm saying?
You simply dont agree, again, thats fine, but the point still stands.
The numbers are there, the teams in the Big got better under Bo, and it showed, go back and look.
No more Hazells to stomp etc,coaching changes have gotten much better as well.
Recruiting in the Big is better overall as well.

It was just starting under Bo

Yes, teams in the B1G have gotten better since the days of 2014. But we're talking about hypotheticals here.

Regardless of how it happened, Bo had winning or tied records against all the teams we struggle to stay competitive in a game with except for Wisconsin. Full stop. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. That's the truth.

Now if you want to get into a discussion of trends, then you're assuming that Bo doesn't have the ability to make any adjustments at all to the way he did things. Each year would've gotten worse than the previous and he would've continued trending down as you say until we got to the exact same position we're in now.

But since we're talking in hypotheticals, lets start with 2015. It's difficult for me to see a 5-7 regular season under Bo. I could see quite a few of those losses being wins. I see another 9 win season. BYU, Illinois, Northwestern, and Purdue. Wisconsin was pretty average that year so maybe Bo pulls a win off, MR almost did. Also, Iowa. It took TA throwing 4 INTs for them to beat us by 8. This could've very well have been an 11 win season.

2016 MR has a 9-win season, is there any reason to think Bo couldn't have done it too?

I think 2017 is the year where we would probably see a break from the at least 9 win seasons trend we were on. I see better than the 4-8 we did, but I don't see much better. Maybe 7-6 with a bowl game win. But I think this is the key year.

Nebraska still looks for a new AD because Harvery Perlman still retires and Sean Eichorst is still garbage. They still hire Bill Moos. They talk and I imagine it'd go much better than any interaction Bo and SE ever had. They're on the same page. They understand each other.

What happens from there? Hard to say. Maybe he makes some much needed coaching staff changes but I honestly don't see a losing season under Bo up until this point. I think it would come down to a question of what Nebraska fans can accept. If he had 8-5 seasons the last 3 years, could we live that? It's hard to say because we've had 3 losing seasons under SF but I imagine people would still be unhappy that we weren't winning the West and competing for conference championships. It'd be the same ole', same ole'.

I believe Bo could've been successful here if he had the backing of the administration and he stopped hiring or promoting a bunch of his inexperienced buddies all the time...just like SF, who has the same problem.

There is no wanting to get into discussing trends, and absolutely no wondering or disputing Bos record, it was what it was, it all about the trend of winning close under Bo, which started showing in 2013, and has progressed as the Big got better, and the gap between MR and SF, the players, and why we have 111 freshmen now, how many have actually played, how many havnt, and why, and what to hpefully expect.

This isnt about Bo, other than he and MR both were coaches during a time where our plyers took a dip in talent while the Big took a leap in theirs..
Its hard drawing contrasts, but having dedicated fans of coaches etc, or presumed excuse making etc only muddies the waters.

We obviously havnt seen many of these guys or their talent, and contrasting to what that means for this team, and getting away from I like my coach best foolishness isnt its intentions

Then why are you wondering about what I'm saying?
You simply dont agree, again, thats fine, but the point still stands.
The numbers are there, the teams in the Big got better under Bo, and it showed, go back and look.
No more Hazells to stomp etc,coaching changes have gotten much better as well.
Recruiting in the Big is better overall as well.

It was just starting under Bo
Lmao yes the numbers are there that bo won the majority of his games with no sign of it changing other than made up things that you are coming up with. It’s ok though we will get back to winning just hope people like you don’t jump the gun again when that starts happening. Making things up to justify why we fired a guy and that it’s all that guys fault we are losing even after he’s gone. If frost wins next year and stays winning then I will be fine with keeping him but to say this down word tend Started because of bo is wrong in so many levels. You can’t even see the wrongs so won’t be surprised if you start the fire frost if he does start winning but doesn’t go undefeated every year

Lmao yes the numbers are there that bo won the majority of his games with no sign of it changing other than made up things that you are coming up with. It’s ok though we will get back to winning just hope people like you don’t jump the gun again when that starts happening. Making things up to justify why we fired a guy and that it’s all that guys fault we are losing even after he’s gone. If frost wins next year and stays winning then I will be fine with keeping him but to say this down word tend Started because of bo is wrong in so many levels. You can’t even see the wrongs so won’t be surprised if you start the fire frost if he does start winning but doesn’t go undefeated every year
You need to concentrate on what the OP is about, and quit qorrying about coaches.
The trend started, it didnt matter who, possibly why.
But, the trend is broken as far as recruiting goes, which this is about, like having 111 freshmen,not about Bo, other than thats when we started dropping off in getting guys to the league, and playing much stiffer competition.

You want to bring up Bo outside of the discussion, youre on your own.
What was was, no blame, it simply whats happened.

If you care to dispute why we havnt had many guys getting drafted, we can discuss this, or, why we had 30s ranked recruiting classes etc,fine again, because those were/are the guys that were/are here, again, the coaches do the recruiting, the results are what they are.

Last edited:

You need to concentrate on what the OP is about, and quit qorrying about coaches.
The trend started, it didnt matter who, possibly why.
But, the trend is broken as far as recruiting goes, which this is about, like having 111 freshmen,not about Bo, other than thats when we started dropping off in getting guys to the league, and playing much stiffer competition.

You want to bring up Bo outside of the discussion, youre on your own.
What was was, no blame, it simply whats happened.

If you care to dispute why we havnt had many guys getting drafted, we can discuss this, or, why we had 30s ranked recruiting classes etc,fine again, because those were/are the guys that were/are here, again, the coaches do the recruiting, the results are what they are.
The only trend that was started was winning under bo. Sorry that facts don’t support your theory that this trend of losing started under bo but hey maybe you can see the next trend when we start winning like we did under bo and then get that guy fired so u can say he started the losing trend as well.

The only trend that was started was winning under bo. Sorry that facts don’t support your theory that this trend of losing started under bo but hey maybe you can see the next trend when we start winning like we did under bo and then get that guy fired so u can say he started the losing trend as well.
You are right pal if winning 9 games a year is losing bring back that loser! Bo was the fourth best coach in husker history behind Osborne, Bible, and Devaney.

I like Crab’s statement.....This team has been totally remade from the bottom up....

Let’s leave it at that and hope for the positives that can come from this.

I don’t know about you but the team I have watched for the last four years needed to be rebuilt from the bottom up.....

And certainly there comes a point when the constant pain is just too much and you need to try something different. We get that. Everybody gets that.

I personally want to see “clean football” this year Especially from the offensive of side of the ball.
We lead the nation in games lost by one score or less in the last three years.

If we have just hard hitting, clean football, improvements in special teams, and some solid unspectacular play from our offense with fewer tunovers, I think our defense will carry us through and those one score games will turn into wins.

And quite frankly I’ve been watching Big Ten football now for 10 years. Basically, that’s how the VAST majority of games are won in the BiG.....

Besides Ohio State, nobody really has flashy, super high powered offenses. The team that wins in the Big Ten makes the fewest mistakes, hits damned hard all game. Has solid special teams and solid defenses.

And that’s what I want to see next season. More of us adapting to the Big Ten....then the Big Ten adapting to us:)

Yep, just hoping that HCSF learned a few things about B1G football during their victory over Rutgers.

Yup, that's how we end up getting out of the OU game to play a FCS team, because winning is all that matters. Way to sum up what's wrong with the fan base.
And where did I say backing out was ok my reference was about someone complaining about a win.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back