• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

111 freshmen and only 30 upper classmen

I look at having one of the hardest schedules in the country and going 7-5, or 6-6 at this point in the rebuild as reality, not low expectations

4th season in a "rebuild" and .500 is absolutely low expectations. Heck, many have even said that a losing season would be okay if the football looked better. Very low expectations for the program indeed. I have seen rebuilds at programs way worse off than NU turn it around quicker.

C

Last edited:

If I'm looking back, Bos teams started losing to iowa, always lost to wiiscy, and both teams are better now, add in mich or OSU, and NW was always a shootout, without going any further, I coud see any Bo team losing those 5 games, and possibly one more, say Okie?

So, to keep perspective, it really hasnt been since TO would we have expexted to win more.

Add in minny as well, where Bo was losing to them too.

Anyone who doesnt see that hill to climb ,well,we havnt been what they think for a long time

Last edited:
If I'm looking back, Bos teams started losing to iowa, always lost to wiiscy, and both teams are better now, add in mich or OSU, and NW was always a shootout, without going any further, I coud see any Bo team losing those 5 games, and possibly one more, say Okie?

So, to keep perspective, it really hasnt been since TO would we have expexted to win more.

Anyone who doesnt see that hill to climb ,well,we havnt been what they think for a long time
You realize bo had a winning record against Iowa and minny. But then again not surprised people would try to make it seem worse then compared to know cause we really suck now can’t even hit five hundred. Hoping frost gets this bus turned around next year if not I’ll be on the side fire him four years in there are no excuses for losing seasons

You realize bo had a winning record against Iowa and minny. But then again not surprised people would try to make it seem worse then compared to know cause we really suck now can’t even hit five hundred. Hoping frost gets this bus turned around next year if not I’ll be on the side fire him four years in there are no excuses for losing seasons

Bo won 9 games in year one, and 9 games in his final year even when he likely knew he was going to get fired. Right now 9 wins seems like an impossible hurdle to get over, so yeah, I guess expectations have dropped quite a bit around here.

You realize Bo was losing to those teams before he was fired?
He was trending down.
And those tems have gotten better.
Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

You think Bo would lose 5-6 games if he was coaching NU next season even though he never lost more than 4 games in a season here?

:Signhuh:

You think Bo would lose 5-6 games if he was coaching NU next season even though he never lost more than 4 games in a season here?

:Signhuh:
If, when he was losing to a lesser minny team before he was fired, if he'd gone 50-50 with a lesser Northwestern team, but for the sake of Westys catch, If he'd gone 2 and 0 vs 1-1, IF only for DPEs returns, you tellme, and yes, Iowa is better now as well, he never played a top 5 Okie team, and OSU is more consistent, and Mich is still Mich, yes, he would lose more than 4 game with the teams he had.

Not hard to believe, barely winning by one or 3, or in OT etc.

Let me ask you, do you think he'd ever beat wiscy again?

I named 5 teams he struggled with, has losing records the last two years with most of them, no Okie, is it really hard to think he woud win or lose now, against better teams?

If, when he was losing to a lesser minny team before he was fired, if he'd gone 50-50 with a lesser Northwestern team, but for the sake of Westys catch, If he'd gone 2 and 0 vs 1-1, IF only for DPEs returns, you tellme, and yes, Iowa is better now as well, he never played a top 5 Okie team, and OSU is more consistent, and Mich is still Mich, yes, he would lose more than 4 game with the teams he had.

I named 5 teams he struggled with, has losing records the last two years with most of them, no Okie, is it really hard to think he woud win or lose now, against better teams?
I don't know if he'd have ever beaten Wiscy again, but I do think if he was at NU the last 3 seasons our record would have been better than 12-20.

I don't know if he'd have ever beaten Wiscy again, but I do think if he was at NU the last 3 seasons our record would have been better than 12-20.
He was already losing, the 2017 class was 70th out of 70 teams, who knows how bad it actually was.
He lost to minny the last two years, split with Iowa because of DPE, Westys catch let him tie NW.
They are all better now, he was trending down.

This is what MR was left, and it only had gotten worse.
The 2018 class was a disaster, yet even so, its showing as having decent leftovers.
Those 2019 guys are primed, and theres double the number of the 2018 guys, The 2020 guys, even more.

Bo wasnt getting these guys,and like SF, lost many of them too early on, and then Bos recruiting sank, and it showed against the teams Ive mentioned.
Not many of Bos guys were freshmen O linemen, or even D linemen for that matter, or LBs or CBs.

When we talk of losing a lot of game experience, three guys was the vast majority of that experience lost.

No,Bo would not be winning much at all today the way he was trending.

As they say, it wasnt the wins tht brought down Bo, it was the teams he couldnt beat that did, the minnys, the Iowas, the wiscys, the OSus, the NWs.
Theres truth to that if you remove any facet of allegiance, and MR was worse, as a coach, and as a recruiter, he was ony slightly better, but his methods were bad for the program.

I'm not sure what seasons you're looking at, but Pelini lost to Iowa one time (2013). He lost to Northwestern only once, too (2011). He was 2-1 against Michigan, winning his last two meetings with them. He was 1-1 against Ohio State and 3-0 against Penn State.

Yeah, he was 2-2 vs. Minnesota, but the two losses were to pretty good Gopher teams (8-5 both seasons).

Spin it however you want, but Pelini won 67% of his games against Big 10 opponents. That's actually pretty good, especially considering our conference record since his firing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back