• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

111 freshmen and only 30 upper classmen

We’re “young” it seems every single year. At a certain point it becomes something else besides bad luck.
True, but people have said, we werent young last year, yet, do we only rely on 22 guys?
Our backups, and their backups are almost all frosh, have been for two years now.
If its a 1A or 1B thing, its likely one of them is a freshman.

Our 5 returning seniors on D make up a senior class of 8

The other three are transfers

Last edited:

Not just at Nebraska
True, but name another team with 111frosh on it,whom were effected the most by covid?

We are extremely young, have been. We would have lost a total of 8 guys off the team in a normal year, make it 9 with our LB who retired.
5 return, three go pro route, 1 retires.

No one has these numbers, very few had them last year compared to us.
We lost guys/experience in numbers that sound high,but remember, three of those guys, and others, played as freshmen too, over foru years, thats alot of game over so few guys.

I am not concerned about replacing O linemen or a db, or even a middle backer.
RB, yes, but we have depth there, and a good transfer in Stepp.

But this team, these 111 guys, plus the 28 sophomores, who are they?
I see a lot of guessing going on, like theyre assuredly just like the guys before them, the few before them, but how do we know that, when these guys are better athletes and have better body types etc etc.
We dont know what type of team we will really have at this point, and anyone saying this is going to happen or that is going tp happen because it always does, they dont know either.

This year will be an intriguing year, full of unknowns, literally and figuratively, and it starts in 11 days, where its time to step up and reshape this team.

Name one team that wasn't effected by covid
Name another team that ever carries as many freshmen as NU does under Frost.
That's how the freshmen numbers get inflated
Frost wants the team to get old, as he said several times, its not his MO, its simply a rebuild.
But no other team that I know of has these numbers either.

And the last two classes 2019 and 2020 are the most effected, and this includes our jucos and transfers as to amount of practices, which have to come in and learn the system.
Reduce the number of games played, its even worse.

Yes all teams had the same classes, and some were even larger but not by much, and likely not two years straight, besides the previous year where we lost what would be rs sophs or juniors now because of late arriving staff.
In a way, its a perfect storm against us early, and for us later.

Again, to say we know how this turns out because of past experiences, to me simply arent looking at our numbers, the age in our numbers, the experience in our numbers, the talent in our numbers, and make a leap into what the team will be going forwards.

They could be very good, or turn out like many have said, same ol same ol, but to base anything on this amount of inexperoence and talent is just reaching

Don't worry, after the 2nd week of fall camp half of the incoming recruiting class will have entered the portal. The roster will appear more balanced then. :Stirthepot:
Exactly how?
We cant get more players other than 2 I believe.
So, that then brings us to next year, where getting transfer players and jucos for next year vs HS recruits comes into play, next year.

139 underclassmen vs 30 upper classmen

Don't worry, after the 2nd week of fall camp half of the incoming recruiting class will have entered the portal. The roster will appear more balanced then. :Stirthepot:

1616190844265.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back