• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

100+ new faces! How does that translate to on the field performance?

Redfish

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
With 100+ new faces in the program in the last 15 months, how will that translate to the product on the field? are we a .500 team this year? 8+ wins or 10+ wins? I believe we are certainly trending upwards, I think our schedule is quite favorable and I think we can be at 8-9 wins. With such a fast roster turnover, I would think the record would reflect their efforts accordingly.

More competition, motivation and potential stars on the rise. But we have to realize they are Freshmen and it will take a couple of years to show real success with this class.

It certainly means we are young but it will pay big dividends in the next 2-3 years.

With 100+ new faces in the program in the last 15 months, how will that translate to the product on the field? are we a .500 team this year? 8+ wins or 10+ wins? I believe we are certainly trending upwards, I think our schedule is quite favorable and I think we can be at 8-9 wins. With such a fast roster turnover, I would think the record would reflect their efforts accordingly.
To answer your question, I think we're above .500, somewhere in the 8-9 win range. We're still going to be extremely young at a lot of positions, but I expect improvement overall from last year. We lost 5 games by 6 points or less, one can't help but think some of the new 100+ new faces finds a way to step up and make an impact early. Exciting times ahead

I'm hoping for at least 6-7 wins. It would show improvement, which helps recruiting, and gets us to a bowl game. Anything more would be outstanding, to me.

What amazes me is how few Riley recruits are left after just 2 recruiting cycles

I agree, I think it is a testament to how the previous staff recruited. I'm obviously a novice like most of us, but I believe the current staff sells the program at its entirety and not just a particular style on offense/defense or playing time. I could be wrong, but hopefully that leads to better retention over time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back