• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

100 Days

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
August 31st, Huskers at Rodents !!!!

100 bottles of beer on the wall. 100 bottles of beer. Take one down, pass it around, 99 bottles of beer on the wall .... ;)
vRMYjAP.gif
uknQJvJ.png

Last edited:

So a Thursday night to open the season? Should be a lot of eyeballs on this game. Be a nice test for NU. Minnesota is nothing special, but they are solid. Don’t beat yourself, and NU will have a chance to win this game. It would be a big shot of adrenaline and confidence if NU could find a way to win this game.

So a Thursday night to open the season? Should be a lot of eyeballs on this game. Be a nice test for NU. Minnesota is nothing special, but they are solid. Don’t beat yourself, and NU will have a chance to win this game. It would be a big shot of adrenaline and confidence if NU could find a way to win this game.
I think this sums it up. Don’t beat ourselves and we have a chance.

They are replacing all 5 of their offensive linemen, their starting RB (Ibrahim), their starting QB (Tanner Morgan) albeit presumed starter Kaliakmanis is tested. Bottom line is they are untested, especially on offense … good time to play them is game 1 in week 1.

I think this sums it up. Don’t beat ourselves and we have a chance.
If you go back and look at all the close games NU has lost in the past 15 years, it’s a bunch. A good portion of those losses, were self inflicted. Have to play good, fundamentally sound football, something that’s been missing for a very long while. NU probably never misses a bowl game if it didn’t beat itself.

They are replacing all 5 of their offensive linemen, their starting RB (Ibrahim), their starting QB (Tanner Morgan) albeit presumed starter Kaliakmanis is tested. Bottom line is they are untested, especially on offense … good time to play them is game 1 in week 1.
They are, nor have ever been anything special. They are just a lumbering team that’s mostly well coached. They usually don’t beat themselves. That’s the deal with them, they just methodically beat you, ugly style. It certainly, isn’t with their talent. I know how they recruit. 44th this year, which is good for them. On paper, this should be a win, but, have to play well.

They are, nor have ever been anything special. They are just a lumbering team that’s mostly well coached. They usually don’t beat themselves. That’s the deal with them, they just methodically beat you, ugly style. It certainly, isn’t with their talent. I know how they recruit.

I agree. But I’ll add to comment about kaliamanis being tested. Yes but not sure with favorable results. 54% completion. 3 tds with 4 interceptions. Sacked once every 9 completions and 3 yards per carry.

They haven't started fast typically under Fleck either.

I don't like playing a road conference game to start the season, but I'd definitely rather get them early.

Their oline coach knows what he is doing

They have really good backs and will run till they are stopped

Their oline coach knows what he is doing

They have really good backs and will run till they are stopped
So you think replacing 4 starting linemen, including 3-three year starters, one 1st team All-B1G and two 3rd team All-B1G players that they’re going to be just as formidable as they were last season?

No one disputes that they are well coached, no one disputes that they’re a run centric program but you’d have to puffing on some mighty strong stuff not to think they’re going to have some kind of a drop off.

They cannot nor will not be as good as they were this past season at least initially.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back