• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

100 Days

89 Arik Gilbert
11696844.jpg
89 bottles of beer on the wall. 89 bottles of beer. Take one down, pass it around, 88 bottles of beer on the wall ....

OfhgFCy.png

I agree that MN is nothing special, but I always wonder why when posters run them down about their drop off in game one, nobody ever compares their issues to NU and our own in changes to have clicking by game 1.

I'm really glad NU is going to easily overcome: changing offensive philosophy, new OC, new QB, new center, returning lineman who are either injury prone or not that good, unproven TEs, loss of your best receiver; new defensive scheme, new DC, new faces at every level on D, and assistants on both sides of the ball who have never coached together.

That sounds so much easier to get ready for game 1 than replacing 3 O-lineman who have played within your system, a QB who has experience, and plugging in a 1,000yd rusher. Sure, MN really won't have much film on NU, but one thing we learned from the Frost era is that all the other coaches in the B1G were able to make in game adjustments.

This game is winnable, but probably a toss up at best. My overall point is the silliness of overlooking all the changes in our program. I'd be very surprised if this NU team comes out in game 1 and plays better than the team that beat Iowa to end the season last year. There will be growing pains.
To be fair some just hate their coach.

88 Ru'Quan Buckley

hyQ6L8ih_400x400.jpg

marty-and-Doc-Back-to-the-future-Delorean-88mph.jpg

88 days .... next kickoff !! Though I hate summer ....

88 bottles of beer on the wall. 88 bottles of beer. Take one down, pass it around, 87 bottles of beer on the wall ....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back