• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#1 HS Recruit and NIL

ThrowFar60

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Perhaps should be on the recruiting page, however given the current landscape of NIL and how it’s changing daily, I figured it was relevant for the main board.

If he in fact gives up his senior year to cash in on NIL, can’t say that I blame the kid. I wonder how often we’ll see this and if it will become somewhat of the new norm?

At that age I would have left school early for $100. There's going to be a few kids like him show up on campus with hundreds of thousands or maybe millions in the bank already.

I'm not going anywhere yet but it does make me wonder how I feel about my tiny part in feeding this beast.

At that age I would have left school early for $100. There's going to be a few kids like him show up on campus with hundreds of thousands or maybe millions in the bank already.

I'm not going anywhere yet but it does make me wonder how I feel about my tiny part in feeding this beast.
and when they don't pan out for the marketing payout we will see a lot fewer of them.

and when they don't pan out for the marketing payout we will see a lot fewer of them.
Think we will see more Marketing is just that.. looking for the jewels within the 1000’s of oysters on the banks(sidelines)

The potential pitfalls are endless at this point. How do scores at camps affect NIL $ or recruiting rankings, etc. etc. Given our litigious society, I foresee lawsuits starting over such things. I hope not but I'm not very optimistic about this, and I tend to be pretty optimistic in general.

Without some rules and regulations this NIL thing will turn into the biggest cluster**** ever seen in college football. Can't even imagine the unintended consequences that's going to happen with all the money grubbing that's already going on.

tenor.gif

I'm of the opinion you're gonna see a lot of people trying to get in the NIL game early on but the second these kids stop panning out in droves, you'll see less up front $ being funneled in. Boosters paying $ for athletes does not necessarily = boosters getting $ BACK from their investment
And now that it's legal, the boosters can literally stop paying and not worry about the kid telling on them.

Ewers could earn nearly a million dollars over the next year, according to Yahoo, as he already has offers from companies that he would not be able to accept as a high school athlete in Texas.
Going to be interesting to see how this shakes out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back