• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#1 Hot Seats

I'd bet HCSF gets a Mulligan from TA and the powers even if we don't make a bowl game.
I hope we don't have to find out, but Husker Nation will again be divided if that is the case.

Does anyone happen to know the last time a Power 5 coach was brought back for a 5th season after starting with four losing seasons? I suspect it is pretty rare in this day and age.

I think Frost is fine this year given the current trajectory. Listing Frost at #1 is pretty brain dead or outdated. Illinois was a low but things with the team’s performance has improved and JUST AS IMPORTANT Scott has improved his image especially with the fans. He’s quieted rumors, stopped snapping at the media, and stopped making silly excuses.

He’s our guy and most fans want to see his success. We just need to see some kind of progress which I think we finally have.

But the truth is really more like this. because they played and GAVE the game to the Sooners only magnifies the issue that he is not the guy.

Huh? We had a horrible game one, but each game after that has been up to or exceeded expectations. MSU is #20 and a night road game. I think one of our tougher remaining games. We are slight underdogs against the #20 team at their house. I think we did earn some respect Saturday as much as people are questioning Oklahoma. CFB Playoff top candidates are supposed to blow out even good teams.

Huh? We had a horrible game one, but each game after that has been up to or exceeded expectations. MSU is #20 and a night road game. I think one of our tougher remaining games. We are slight underdogs against the #20 team at their house. I think we did earn some respect Saturday as much as people are questioning Oklahoma. CFB Playoff top candidates are supposed to blow out even good teams.
Tell that to the AP pollsters

Norvell definitely should be #1. Manny Diaz should be higher.

Manny Diaz should be higher.

Norvell is a more difficult case. Problem for FSU is -- they just fired Taggert in 2019 -- in the middle of his second season. And now it's the middle of Norvell's second season.

I have no issue with firing coaches after 3-4 years. But consecutive coaches after 2 years at most -- that's an extreme.

Good post. Although the Huskers did show up, a person could say, yea let’s let up on him a bit. But the truth is really more like this. because they played and GAVE the game to the Sooners only magnifies the issue that he is not the guy. They are not mentally prepared and that’s on the staff. Today Oklahoma dropped to 4th because they played Nebraska And won. That in its self should tell you why he’s on the hot seat, other than his record. We played them close analysis doesn’t count.
You need to breathe into a brown bag. Take a few, and breathe

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back