• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“This was a theft!”

pitch

Scout Team
20 Year Member
Rutgers 63
Huskers 61

Agreed. A gut punch.

Half court offense looked much better tonight.

This team doesn't know how to win. They allowed Rutgers to set the pace even when the huskers were ahead. Forced shots by double teamed guys that had no prayer is something fans can count on. And like every other game, shots that were falling early didn't fall late. To me that is conditioning.

I've learned not to watch the BB games live. I either DVR them, or just pause the live feed and come back later. Then I FF through the game, watching the score on the bottom.

Every game is the same. We get a double digit lead, maintain it throughout much of the game, and then fall apart in the last 2 minutes. Last night was just another "Lucy pulling the football" incident. Got my hopes up (again) that the team was FINALLY going to break through. Only to have those hopes dashed again, in the same frustrating way.

Sad that this is our reputation now. I'm sure the opposing coaches just tell their guys to hang tough and play a full 40 minutes of BB, because the Huskers are going to fold at 38.

Hard to miss the similarities to the last 4 years of FB. I'm hopeful the changes in FB result in changes on the scoreboard next year. Can Fred figure it out?

I've learned not to watch the BB games live. I either DVR them, or just pause the live feed and come back later. Then I FF through the game, watching the score on the bottom.

Every game is the same. We get a double digit lead, maintain it throughout much of the game, and then fall apart in the last 2 minutes. Last night was just another "Lucy pulling the football" incident. Got my hopes up (again) that the team was FINALLY going to break through. Only to have those hopes dashed again, in the same frustrating way.

Sad that this is our reputation now. I'm sure the opposing coaches just tell their guys to hang tough and play a full 40 minutes of BB, because the Huskers are going to fold at 38.

Hard to miss the similarities to the last 4 years of FB. I'm hopeful the changes in FB result in changes on the scoreboard next year. Can Fred figure it out?

Well, the team did fix the issues for you against Northwestern on Saturday. They didn't fall apart in the last two minutes.

The 4 OT loss to NC State was a huge season turner IMO. Should have NEVER lost that game. NU was 7-2 going into that game, should have been 8-2. Have been on a downhill spiral since. It was a gut punching loss. Team never recovered.

The 4 OT loss to NC State was a huge season turner IMO. Should have NEVER lost that game. NU was 7-2 going into that game, should have been 8-2. Have been on a downhill spiral since. It was a gut punching loss. Team never recovered.

We weren’t 7-2 going into the NCS game (we were 5-2, but with no power 6 wins). The Western Illinois loss at home was brutal. That team is 6-10 in conference at a low level conference. The things you saw in that game with regard to rebounding, defense, and effort have stayed with this bunch all year. Nothing has been fixed.

Last edited:

We weren’t 7-2 going into the NCS game (we were 5-2, but with no power 6 wins). The Western Illinois loss at home was brutal. That team is 6-10 in conference at a low level conference. The things you saw in that game with regard to rebounding, defense, and effort have stayed with this bunch all year. Nothing has been fixed.
According to the homepage, they were 7-2. Maybe the first two don’t count, as many play exhibition games. Either way, that loss did nothing for confidence. It should have been a win. They aren’t any good either, but they have some history anyway.

According to the homepage, they were 7-2. Maybe the first two don’t count, as many play exhibition games. Either way, that loss did nothing for confidence. It should have been a win. They aren’t any good either, but they have some history anyway.

We were 5-2, with our best win at home against South Dakota. Had 2 exhibition games, one against Peru State. Can’t count those. We actually had a two possession lead is all in the second half against Peru Effing State. But yes, we should have beat NC
State. Complete meltdown in the last 10 minutes of regulation. Missed a free throw to win in OT. Instead if learning from it, we haven’t fixed any of what was involved in the meltdown.

the season opening loss to Western Illinois set the tone for the undisciplined defense, pathetic rebounding, & incoherent offensive performances. Agree the 4OT loss at NCState was gut wrenching, but this squad has not looked like a cohesive team/unit at all. B1G is a quality super deep conference & I'd feel better if DONU were consistently in most of these games, but their play is just so disjointed, it's demoralizing. Recruiting seems improved, but far too much individualism on the court IMO. The one & done nature of FH's past DONU teams has also been disruptive ('19 - Mack, Burke.... '20- Allen, Banton) - the departures aren't role players, they're significant & primarily leading cast members. Difficult to build team unity when the annual roster turnover is 2/3rds of the team. Perhaps FH ultimately gets things rolling... an upset or two sure would be nice to show signs of life & perhaps get folks excited/believing again.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back