• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“I hope the B1G has to adjust to us”

I had the exact same thought earlier. :)

The cockiness is a good thing. But, as always, it has to be backed up. IF, for some reason, this offense struggles big time against Big 10 defenses this quote will be brought up again.

I think it's a great quote. I was totally fine with Callahan's too. Hopefully, Frost does a better job of backing it up.

I don't think offense is going to be the problem.
Frost knows full well what they were doing successfully in the AAC won't translate directly to the B1G.
1. They have to develop a defense that can stop the run consistently. You can have the most high-powered offense in the world but they can't score a point if your defense can't get off the field. B1G OCs know how to play keep-away and milk the clock.
2. They have to develop a component to the offense that will allow us to play keep-away and milk the clock. I know their stats show that as a team they ran the ball 55% of the time or something like that. That, however, was not against B1G defenses.

Hmmm, interesting reaction from fans given that it sounds eerily familiar to a quote from one of the most hated Husker HC's of all time:

“we don't take what the defenses give us, we take what we want.”

Here's hoping that SF carries through on that, unlike his recent predecessors.

Bringing up that quote from BC should make you eligible for a one week ban. :thumbsup:

Frost knows full well what they were doing successfully in the AAC won't translate directly to the B1G.
1. They have to develop a defense that can stop the run consistently. You can have the most high-powered offense in the world but they can't score a point if your defense can't get off the field. B1G OCs know how to play keep-away and milk the clock.
2. They have to develop a component to the offense that will allow us to play keep-away and milk the clock. I know their stats show that as a team they ran the ball 55% of the time or something like that. That, however, was not against B1G defenses.
He did OK at Oregon with it.

He did OK at Oregon with it.

It took a few years, but the Pac 10/12 conference caught up to Oregon's offense and Oregon fell back into mediocrity, despite tier 1 recruiting in Eugene every season.That defensive recipe is out there for all the Big Ten to employ. Throw in the weather and the quality of athletes in the Big Ten, especially in the line play, and I expect Frost to be running a very different offense from what he ran at UCF, at least if he wants a long tenure in Lincoln.

It took a few years, but the Pac 10/12 conference caught up to Oregon's offense and Oregon fell back into mediocrity, despite tier 1 recruiting in Eugene every season.That defensive recipe is out there for all the Big Ten to employ. Throw in the weather and the quality of athletes in the Big Ten, especially in the line play, and I expect Frost to be running a very different offense from what he ran at UCF, at least if he wants a long tenure in Lincoln.
So you are not worried about UCLA either?

What happened was Kelly, and then Frost, left. The only Pac 12 team that consistently did a good job against Oregon was Stanford.

Too bad those coaches from Memphis didn't have access to all that film.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back